Like a Monkey | I.N x Reader

Birds chirping. Skies blue.

Everything was peaceful for the boy as he strolled along the street, his feet making light taps in the open quiet. He nods his head along to the song blasting through his earphones, lip syncing to the lyrics.

The teen stops for a moment and closes his eyes, taking a deep breath and enjoying the nature that surrounded him. It had been a while since he got to relax like this; With his packed schedule and hectic school life, having a day off was exactly what he needed.

He continues his walk and finds himself in front of a small playground. The teen thinks back to his childhood, reminiscing the times he spent in the playground few blocks away from his house back home. How he'd always play with his best buds in the area.

He smiled and approached the swing set and gently sat down, mindful of the creaking noises he could hear through his music. Thinking no one was there, he unplugged his earphones and played his music on speaker. The song softly played throughout the playground on a medium volume and relaxed the young idol.

Slowly and unconsciously, he started to sing along to his playlist, trapped in his own world of calm and peace.
Until it was shattered.

"What song is that?"

A voice had broken the silence and sent the frightened boy in a jump. He looked around for the source after recovering from his shock only to be surprised even further at what he sees.

A girl hangs upside down on the monkey bars, her legs wrapped around the bar and her arms crossed against her chest. The boy looked at the girl in amazement and widened his eyes. Slowly, he realizes his situation and blushes lightly.

"I-Uhh didn't k-know there w-was someone e-else here." He stutters shyly, bringing out the blush on his cheeks even more. The girl giggles and swings slightly back and forth. "That's alright Jeongin, I like your voice.", she states and smiles.

Said boy, who's name we now know is Jeongin, stares at the girl in surprise. "Y-you know m-me?" He sputters out in shock. "Yeah you're the maknae from Stray Kids. You're also in my school." The girl says as she jumps down from the monkey bars. She walks to Jeongin and holds out her hand, signaling she wants a handshake. "I'm (Y/N)!"

(Y/N) giggled at Jeongin's star struck face before he realized what he was doing and blushed madly. "I'm sorry I didn't know you were in my school. I'm usually very focused on my studies and don't focus on anyone else." He takes her hand and shakes it as he stares at her apologetically and nervously.

"It's fine. I'm usually not very noticed in school anyways." (Y/N) said as she gave him a bright smile to assure him it was alright. He stared at her with an amused look and smiled at her as well, finally breaking out of his shy shell.

"Well how about I change that?"

———————————————
Double update because I had this one prepared :D I love Jeongin, he baby 🥺💓 anyway stan Stray Kids and stream side effects