✰One: No, I'm Australian

Start from the beginning

         "What do you think about Miami so far?" Henry asked me, as he turned onto a different street.

         "It's so cool!" I exclaimed.

        "I can't wait for you to meet our son, Ashton. He's an absolute angel." Ann said. I perked up at the mention of their son. I forgot that I would also be living with another boy. "He's seventeen  years old, going into senior year just like you are! You'll be best friends." She chirped. She sure is optimistic. Henry laughed nervously, and he glanced at Ann.

        "Well, he can be a bit...moody. He really wasn't the biggest fan of me at first, but I'm sure he'll warm up to you. He couldn't come to the airport with us because he had soccer practice." Henry admitted. My stomach twisted, I was suddenly feeling nervous. Henry seemed like a great guy, and if this kid didn't like him, how is he going to feel about me? 

         We spent the rest of of the car ride to their house chatting,  and I told them some things about Australia. When we got there, Henry helped me with my luggage, and he wheeled it up their driveway. I entered their house, and I immediately began to look around. The house was beautiful, it was nice and big and neatly decorated with cute home decor.

        Just when I was about to look at some of the family pictures hanging on the wall, Henry grabbed my attention.

         "I'll show you up to your room." He said, grabbing my suitcase. I picked up my carry on bag, and I went up the stairs. We walked down a hallway, and we passed a bedroom that looked like it was their son's room. Henry stopped at a closed door, and he opened it. The room was a decent size, and there was a full sized bed in the room with a plain white comforter. The most noticeable thing about the room was the baby pink walls.

        "I'm sorry if it's too girly for you, we painted this because.." Ann's voice trailed off, as he stepped further into the room. Henry put his arm around her, and she sniffed. "We were going to have a baby girl. She didn't make it through the pregnancy." Ann explained. I frowned, looking around the room. I noticed there was a teddy bear sitting on one of the clothing dressers with a pink bow on it. "We can repaint if you'd like, but it might take a little bit. We'll have to move all of the furniture out and-"

         "No, I love pink. You don't have to change anything." I spoke up. Ann smiled warmly, her eyes watery. She laughed at herself, wiping under her eyes. "It's perfect too, ballet pink." I pointed out.

         "We decided to make it into a guest room after we received the news. We moved out the crib, and put a bed in here. The dressers are brand new." Henry said, running his hand over the the dresser against the wall. I smiled, and I sat down at the edge of the bed. The bed was extremely comfortable. I laid back, letting out a deep sigh. "We'll let you rest, you can eat whenever you feel like it." He added.

       Henry and Ann left the room, and I let myself fall asleep.

                                            ✰✰✰

        Once I woke up from my little nap, I unpacked some of my clothes and toiletries and hopped into the shower. I felt disgusting from the airplane, so I wanted to wash everything. The shower was amazing, much better than the shower I have at my regular house. I let the water wash over my body, taking advantage of the great water pressure. I stayed in their longer than I probably should have.

         I stepped out of the shower, and I wrapped a towel around my waist. I ringed my hair out, trying to get the water out of my curls. The bathroom door opened, and I jumped from being startled. I hung onto my towel, stepping away from the door. A boy taller than me stood in the doorway, an annoyed expression on his face. His eyes quickly scanned my body, before he let out a huff. This must be Ann's son.

      "Shower long enough?" The boy snapped, pushing me aside to get to the shower. He was wearing workout clothes, and he was all sweaty. I noticed the dirt and grass stains on his clothes.

       "I'm sorry. You must be Ashton! I'm Luke." I said cheerily, holding out my hand for him to shake it. He stared at my hand, and I slowly retrieved it back.

      "You have an accent. Are you British or something?" He asked, taking off his socks. I laughed, unsure if he was joking or not. He raised an eyebrow at me, and then shrugged. Okay, guess he wasn't joking.

       "No, I'm Australian." I answered. Ashton slipped off his shirt, and I tried to look away. "Can I ask why you're stripping?" I asked, slowly looking back over at him. I looked at his abs, but I tried to make it subtle. My eyes traveled down to his v-line, and he cleared his throat.

       "I dunno blondie, do you guys shower with your clothes on in Australia?" Ashton snapped, slipping off his shorts. I laughed nervously, pulling up my towel. I grabbed my clothes that were on the bathroom counter, and I backed up.

       "I'm sorry, I'll just let you...yeah." I murmured awkwardly. I quickly shut the door, and I ran to my bedroom. I shut the door, and I got dressed into my comfortable night time clothes. I was starving, so I went into the kitchen where Ann and Henry were eating some Chinese food. They smiled at me, and I grabbed a plate that was left out for me.

I picked out the food I wanted, and I sat down at the table with them.

"I'm glad you joined us, Luke. Was the bed comfortable?" Henry asked me. I nodded my head, as I quickly ate the orange chicken on my plate.

"Did you meet Ashton?" Ann questioned. I swallowed my food, and pressed a smile onto my face.

"Yes, I did." I answered briefly. Ann and Henry shared a glance, and I looked at the both of them. "He seems..nice." I added.

"If he said something to you, I'm sorry. Ashton's a little moody after practice. And after school. And in the morning. But his heart is in the right place." Ann explained, making me smile slightly. A moody hot boy sleeps across the hallway from me, I'm kind of lucky. There's no way he's gay though.

        I hope Ashton warms up to me, and he doesn't hate me forever. Because let's be honest here, he's kind of cute.

                                           ✰✰✰

        ARE Y'ALL AS EXCITED AS I AM FOR THIS BOOK?!

     I'm uploading the second chapter...right now :)

     How's the book so far? I'd love to know

      +sorry if it's a little slow, everything is getting set up

    This gif tho lmao

    This gif tho lmao

   Doooooon't  forget to vote & comment

  Thanks for reading, friends!

    -babybeancalum