Seven ~ Meow

Alec.

Alec could swear, he had heard his brother's voice from upstairs. Jace wasn't his brother by blood but that didn't matter. He still loved him as much as his sister.

Alec had tried to scream but he couldn't. Magnus must have done something to him.

Not a single sound left his throat. He had smashed the flowers on the floor, expecting them to make a loud noise, but nothing. He felt like he was trapped in a silence movie.

Now he just felt bad for smashing the flowers and shattering the beautiful vase. What would he tell Magnus?

He didn't really know if he would have wanted his siblings to find him, of course he did. But he kind of didn't. Mainly because then Magnus would get caught. Also a little bit because he liked his company.
Which is totally stupid.

He knew Magnus would come down soon, to bring him breakfast. He hoped desperately that it would be pancakes. Alec looked in the small mirror in his tiny bathroom and tried to fix his hair.

There wasn't a hairbrush down here, so his hair was a constant mess. It didn't work and he just accepted his wasted looking self. Who cared how he looked, anyway.
Right?

Just a few minutes later, Magnus entered the room and his presence made Alec immediately feel a little better. He held a plate in his hands with waffles on it. That man must be a breakfast king.

"Good morning, Alexander." He smiled and wanted to put the plate at the table, when he saw the smashed flowers. "Oh, I see.." he said and his smile vanished. Alec wished it would come back.

"No, no .. I.. -" why did he try to explain it so badly? Who cared? He had the right to be angry, for heaven sake!
But he couldn't.
When Magnus was around he just didn't manage to fake anything. "I wanted Jace to hear me." He said and it was just then that he realized that he could talk again.

"I understand." Magnus nodded. "I'm sorry for that, but I couldn't let your friends find you." He sighed and with a flicker of his hands the vase was repaired and, fresh flowers in it, save on the table. He finally put the waffles down and prompted Alec to take one.

Alec was a little bit scared. Would this food mentally knock him out like the last one? He bit into a waffle and regretted it. Of course it did.

"What are you? Some sort of Master-Chef?" he asked and smiled at him.
Why are you smiling at your kidnapper? Dumbass.

"I'm glad you like it."
Magnus smiled back, but then his face suddenly got serious. "But I have bad news for you."

"What's wrong?"

"Your parents made an official statement about your disappearance."

Alec looked at him, shocked. This couldn't mean anything good.

"They aren't the warm kind of parents, are they?" Magnus looked pitiful at him.

"No, let's just say, we don't have the best relationship

"No, let's just say, we don't have the best relationship.."

"Well, they said that they have to think about the deal. To be honest I hadn't even considered that they would reject it, I thought a mother's love is stronger than everything else."

"You haven't met mine then.." Alec muttered.

"Actually I have, briefly, a long time ago. But when I met her, she was different, passionate and caring"

"The clave destroyed my family." The Shadowhunter muttered.

Alec had expected his parents to act that way, but it still hurt a lot. Magnus must have sensed that something was wrong, because he closed the distance between them and put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm really sorry that I put you in this position, Alexander. I really didn't think this would happen.."

He looked into his cat eyes and could see that Magnus was truly sorry. "You should have kidnapped Jace.. he is the favourite son."

"Angel-boy?" Magnus grimaced his face. "I don't get why anybody would put him before you." He smiled and Alec was about to pass out.

Normally it was the other way around. People always praised Jace for his fighting skills and his charm. People didn't really take notice of Alec at all. But Magnus wasn't people, Magnus was Magnus. Somehow different, somehow special.

The Warlock was so close now that Alec could feel his warm breath and smell his scent. He smelled like a warm summer evening, like freedom and joy. He always wanted to be that close to him, just to smell his fragrance and get lost in his eyes.

He suddenly realized that they were staring at each other. Magnus seemed to have gotten lost somewhere too. It felt like a beautiful eternity when Magnus suddenly blinked and took a small step back. Alec just wanted to grab his jacket and pull him back towards himself.

"So, we're going to wait for your parents to answer." Magnus concluded, if a little distracted.

"I don't want to be down here any longer.." Alec said and gave Magnus a sad look, he also tried the puppy-eyes-thing. Max was the master at it, but he was just a little boy. Alec didn't know if it worked with adults too but when he saw Magnus face, he knew it already had.

"I'm sorry, Alexander but I don't know how long it will take and I can't let you go. There is still a chance that it is going to work. "

"I understand." Alec said "But can't I maybe.. move upstairs?

I haven't showered in days

I haven't showered in days.. do you expect me to keep washing myself from the sink? Also, I'm bored, and that cat is staring me to death."

Magnus looked at the picture. "Chairman Meow?"

"Chair.. what?" Alec said and couldn't stop himself from laughing out loud.

"That's his name" Magnus answered, deadly serious. "Alright, Alexander. You can come up for now and take a shower. Don't try anything stupid, I won't let you out of my sight."

Alec nodded happily, finally he would get out of this boring wooden room and escape Chairman Meow's deadly gaze.

°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*

Heyo :)

How do you like my Chairman Meow edit at the top ? :D

Would you rather stare at that or out of the window from Magnus's loft?

Tell me your thoughts

Thanks for all your love and support!! (I'm freaking out everytime someone is voting or commenting!)