70

REAL LIFE

"Do you have everything in your bag?" Emma asks, moving around her bedroom. "Even the bathroom stuff?"

"Yeah," Sebastian says, putting his denim jacket on. "There's no proof that I was ever here." He jokes.

"I wouldn't want that." She smiles.

"But in a week we'll have our own space!" Sebastian comments and feels a change in her mood. "What? What is it."

"It's nothing, hun. Just, hm, have a safe flight." She locks her arms around him, giving him a hug.

"Emma," he calls and she looks up. 

"Seb, it's nothing!" Ems pulls away.

"I didn't even ask you anything!" He frowns. "So it must be something. Every time I bring up the fact that you're moving in with me you change completely. You don't want to?" Sebastian's voice is full of frustration.

"I do. I just-"

"What? Because I feel like you don't. That you don't want to move nor take things more seriously."

"Sebastian, calm down." She asks, looking at everything but him.

"I am calm." He crosses his arms in front of his chest. "Give me one good reason why we shouldn't live together. One."

The seconds that passed were filled with silence. For as much as she wanted to give him one, just one little excuse not to fly to New York and start a life with him, she didn't have it. She wanted something to say so she could hide her fear and hesitancy.

Sebastian limits his reply to a nod. "I have a flight to catch." He grabs his large bag from the floor. 

"Seb,"

"I don't want to hear it, Ems. I want you! You! So just figure out what you want and if that's not me then..." For a slipt second Sebastian realized that he can't even imagine not being with her. "I don't know. See you in New York, I hope."

And with that, she is left standing still in her bedroom, trying hard to fight the tears that just won't stop. 

*

TEXT MESSAGES -[Leah - Emma]

leah:
baby, what is going on!!

leah:
turn that music down,
it's 7 am

emma:
sorry!! oops, bad neighbor

leah:
aw, i'll miss having
you next door

emma:
me too, Leah...
you'll visit, right?

leah:
of course!! i'll visit you
and Leslie and baby Theo!

leah:
i'll miss you to death
though

emma:
you're an angel in my
life Leah, know that 

leah:
don't make me blush, ma'am

emma:
i'm packing right now,
that's why the music

leah:
oh! want any help?

emma:
if you're willing to put up
with my sad ass, then yep

leah:
getting dressed!
what happened?

emma:
Seb and I had our first "fight"

emma:
I caused it I guess

leah:
oh damn, i'm on my way

leah:
does a slice of vegan
chocolate cake sound good?

emma:
for breakfast?

leah:
😈

emma:
meh, fuck it