Chapter 2 - A birthday inheritance

Helloooooo, my lovely readers!! 🖤

I hope you guys liked the first chapter and I hope you like this chapter too! If my anxiety gets less severe, I do plan to release more fanfics! 

My anxiety: “Haha, very funny Mimi! I ain't going anywhere. You know how your workload is already too much. Plus you’re too damn lazy.” 

Haha, anywho… back to the story. 

Also, just wanted to say, I don't own any of the pictures I use throughout the book. Every picture I use is from Pinterest. 

      -------------------------------------

Draco's POV

'It’s already been a week since our…incident. Tomorrow’s my birthday. Harry and I have only spoken once, that was when I was giving him his cloak back. Every opportunity I get to talk to him is ruined by the mudblood or the weasel. As if they know what I’m trying to do, and it’s bloody annoying.' I thought while crossing my arms and rolling my eyes. (A/N: Draco’s birthday is in June, but the story wouldn’t make sense if I kept it that way. So, in this, his birthday is in October-ish. Same with Harry )

I quickly became less annoyed when I thought of him, 'Whenever we make eye contact he can’t keep it for very long. He quickly looks away while blushing. It's really cute…'

'Today I'm going to make sure we get to talk, no matter what.' I thought to myself as I walked through the quiet, empty halls. It became apparent that the halls weren’t as empty as I had originally thought when I heard a loud sigh coming from around the corner. 

I peeked around and saw what looked like curly black hair. My mind immediately thought it was Harry so I tapped on the person’s shoulder. It made them jump a bit but when they turned around, it was not Harry. 

'Ugh, it’s not Harry but rather the mudbl-' I cut myself off and thought, 'Harry hated it when I called her that, maybe I should stop.'

She looked at me confusion graced her features followed by a smirk. It was a rather ugly smirk, 'she could really work on it' .

'How the fuck did I mistake her for Harry? They look nothing alike, their only similarity is height.' I thought as my annoyance from earlier was beginning to return.

Granger started to walk towards me with that huge ass smirk on her face. It pissed me off at how smug she could be. You’d think she and Pansy were cut from the same cloth.

"Hello, Malfoy. How are you feeling?" She looked like she was holding in a laugh; smirk still prominent. I was a bit confused and she seemed to have noticed this. 

"Did you happen to eat any apples lately?" She started not even trying to hold in her laughter this time. 

I looked at her in shock and thought, 'How did she know? How much does she know?'

"Oh and~” her words dragged a bit, it was extremely annoying, “I heard someone's getting their inheritance soon," she said smugly.

“How the hell did you know that?” venom mingling with my words. I was a bit scared that she knew but I was more annoyed than anything. 

“I just heard about it from someone,” she said while giving me what seemed to be her sign signature ugly smirk again.

Before I could ask her anything else Pansy came running in. She grabbed Hermione’s hand and was off.

“What the hell just happened? When did they become friends?” I said under my breath. I brushed it off and headed to my dorm room completely forgetting the whole reason I left, which was to talk to Harry.