Chapter 7

September 19

"Hey," Betty tells Veronica, taking a seat next to her in their Math class.
"Hey girl," she smiles. "Did you do the homework?"
"Mhmm," Betty sighs, nodding, and takes out her stuff after what she lies her head onto Ronnie's shoulder.
"You okay?" Veronica asks her, knowing she never gives physical contact to anyone besides Jughead.
"My mom gave birth to my brother last night," she murmurs tiredly, not having slept a minute the previous night.
"Wow," Veronica breathes out, not knowing what to say, knowing her situation with her mom. "And you haven't slept?"
She shakes her head. "I thought I was gonna be mad, but he looks adorable."
At that, Veronica smiles. "What's his name?"
"I think they settled on Charlie," Betty says.
"Well if you're happy then congratulations," Veronica says, making her giggle while closing her eyes. "Girl, how did you get through the first class?"
"I didn't. It was music. Archie grinned at me all the time when I fell asleep on his shoulder."
"Talking about the hot sixpacked redhead," V says, making Betty roll her eyes. "You've never had a thing for him? I know your story now, but he looks great."
"He was my second best friend when we were little. Jug went away, I thought he'd become my first, but he started bullying me instead as you know. And I'm not into jerks."
"Fair enough," she says slowly. "So you wouldn't mind if I take my shot?" she smirks.
Betty raises her eyebrows and looks at her. "You like Archie?" she whispers in shock. "No V, there are so many better ones."
"I thought you were friends," she giggles.
Betty sighs at that. "We are, that's the point. He picks between girls, has sex and then boom he's on another one. If you want a hot jock, there are some normal ones who would actually cherish you."
"Like who?" Veronica rolls her eyes. Betty looks around in the class and spots Reggie sleeping.
"Like him," she smiles, pointing at him.
Veronica observes him with her eyes and a smile. "Has he bullied you?"
"He never said anything, but he never did anything either."
"Challenge accepted," V smiles, gets ip and goes there. Betty looks with raised eyebrows as she wakes the guy up and tells him something, making him smile immediately and sit up better.

"Students. Effective immediately. Southside high school is shut down."
Betty, Veronica, Archie and Kevin look at each other in shock as everyone around them starts whispering and protesting, yelling insults. "The students will be transformed to Riverdale High and other high schools in district. Any questions or worries, approach our school councelor."
"Like what the hell?!" Reggie shouts, making the jocks nod their heads.
"You know what that means?" Kevin beams.
"Everyone's gonna die?" Archie offers.
"I can finally see that hot boyfriend of yours," Kevin smirks big, looking at Betty.
She smiles a little, not having thought about that and suddenly her heart stars fluttering thinking about the encounter they had today in the morning.

"Jug," FP whispers, going to him around the corner just to find him sitting in an armchair, Betty curled up on his lap, sleeping. He smiles at that. "School starts in an hour. You both have to go."
"She's tired, dad," he sighs quietly. "Come on, let her stay home at least."
"She has the Spanish exam. She needs to go."
Jug sighs, looking down at his girl and nuzzles his nose into her hair. "Fine, wake us up in half an hour," he mumbles, closing his eyes too.
"Okay," FP sigs and walks away again.
Betty stirs a little as his left arm unwraps from around her to scratch the back of his neck. Her eyes open a little and he sighs at himself, wrapping her back up in his arms.
"It's okay, baby, go back to sleep," he whispers and leaves the crown of her head a soft kiss. Her heart skips a beat as she rests herself more against him (if that's possible) and closes her eyes again, falling asleep immediately.