Confusion

You spent the rest of your day doing your typical work. You managed to find a mini job at a well-paying café where you would work only on the weekends.

Your head throbbed painfully at the incoming migraine. You planned to take a nap right after your day at the office ended. You looked around searching for Yami. It was 5:46. By this time, he would already be waiting for you. You felt a bit bummed realizing he was probably busy. 'Ah, that man was always so hard working.'

You walked towards the elevators realizing two figures stood In front of them. You spotted Yami with some unknown women. You hid behind the wall to avoid being seen. Although you hated eavesdropping, you did want to know what was going on,

"Oh Yami. If it weren't for our companies, we would have never met!"

Yami looked conflicted at the women's words. He nodded before looking back at the elevator. Hikari invited him on a date. There was a ceremony he needed to attend with all of the Japanese company heads. He planned to go with you, but his plus one needed to be a company head.

He almost failed to keep a poker face. He was typically calm, but doing things he didn't want to do made him feel a bit uneasy. The woman wrapped her arm around his,

"I care about you so much. Why don't we date?"

Yami took a deep breath before collecting his thoughts. He needed to tell the woman exactly how he felt. He just couldn't lie.

"Hikari, forgive me... but I am already emotionally involved with someone else", Yami's orbs filled with sympathy. He hated confrontations about feelings.

The woman slowly pulled her arm away before sighing,

"Who is she?"

Yami looked down taking another breath,

"I cannot reveal who she is. But I care deeply for her"

Hikari looked up at the male before smiling sadly,

"I understand. Love the one you love"

The two stepped into the elevator in silence. You couldn't believe what had just happened. Your heart felt like it shriveled up a bit. Was Yami really In love with someone? It broke your heart to think about it. Over the past 3 months, you developed feelings for him. You didn't know how to tell him. But from what it looked like, it seemed you didn't need to any longer. You walked into the elevator feeling blue.