Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

            "No, Jason! Fucking quit it, ok? I'm sick of your shit—sick of you constantly taking her away from me! Can she just spend some time with me without you barging in? Just once?" she questioned, all of her emotions on display. You suddenly felt very uncomfortable in her arms. You sat up.

            "Guys, we...don't need to fight," you said. You knew that wouldn't be enough, but you wished it was.

            "I'm allowed to check on someone that I care about," Jason answered Suki noncommittally.

            "You need to give me some space sometimes. Do you do this with anyone else, or is it just me you have a problem with?"

            "Suki, you're being ridiculous," Jason took a step forward. You looked back and forth from her to him. They seemed to clash in the worst ways despite having been good friends when you first showed up.

            "I'm not," she spoke, her glare serious and her tone low. "Don't take a step closer."

            "And what if I do?" Jason snarked, his grin incredulous and his peaceful façade destroyed. "Look how uncomfortable you're making our favorite girl."

            Your brain was yelling, what was up with them? What was up with him?

            "She was fine before you came in here!" Suki shouted

            "And she'll be better when she leaves with me," he said taking a step closer.

            Like a crazed animal, Suki snatched you to her and shouted, "Don't take another fucking step!" You were crushed in her strong arms; your face was pressed into her shoulder making it impossible for you to see them anymore. "You don't deserve to be near her. Back off!"

            Your heart rate rose exponentially as you pushed against Suki, trying to get in a position to speak, but it was impossible. She was very strong.

            "Or what?" Jason asked.

            Suki pushed you to the side, sending you further onto the bed as she stood. She looked menacing as she squared up against the man in front of her. Your eyes widened—if there was a fight, Jason would get seriously hurt. He had to know that, right? You were looking at her biceps right now. She could crush him.

            You put a hand on her arm and told yourself not to think about how hot her arm muscles were, "Suki, what's this about?" Your hand was trembling. The idea that violence would occur was scary to you.

            Jason frowned when he saw your interference. He was hoping to get Suki to do something unforgivable, even if it'd cost him a little pain. Suki turned to you, her gaze softening instantly. She didn't say anything, she only looked at you for a moment. Jason beat both of you to talk, "Don't you see how volatile she is? I just don't want you alone with her."

            "Jason, come on," you frowned. "She's not like this...normally. Both of you need to settle down."

            "Settle down? She's the one ready to beat me to death," Jason scowled. Of course, this plan wasn't nearly as successful without Suki beating the shit out of him. Right now, he just seemed like an asshole. He was sure that if he had some bruises and blood that you'd be on his side right now, tending to him. His heart fluttered at the thought.

            It wasn't that he wanted to get hurt, but if you were tending to him and he could use it to convince you to stay away from Suki then he didn't mind. He huffed in annoyance.