Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

"Wake up," Ryo nudged you. You had dozed off again somehow as he had read to you. You didn't want to move now that your head was positioned so comfortably on his lap.

You groaned, "No wayyyyy. Your lap is the perfect pillow."

Ryo huffed and shifted. He liked how cuddly you were, but the position you were in was just... a little uncomfortable. "Aren't you tired of sleeping?"

"No," you replied honestly.

"Whatever," he groaned, throwing his head back onto the back of the couch. "You know, you're a lot brattier than everyone else thinks."

"You're so mean, Ryo. It's my turn! If you wanna do that weird system, then you're gonna have to abide by it," you whined. You couldn't really believe the words coming out of your mouth. Were you agreeing to it after all? Maybe it would be okay.

The more you seemed to go with it, the more satisfied Ryo felt. It was like you had chosen him out of all the others. You really hadn't chosen anyone—you just hadn't refused. Not really. He nudged you again, so you finally sat up. "I already read to you, it's my turn now."

"Why should you get your turn so quickly?" you frowned looking at him.

"I want my turn," he pouted. Slowly, he shifted his body towards you and ended up caging you on the couch. He was almost straddling you, his knees on either side of you and his torso hovering just a few inches above you.

"You're so needy," you sighed. Hoping to hide your blush, you leaned your head back and to the side to stare at the wall.

"You are, too. All you want to do is cuddle all the damn time," he retorted. He was staring at your now very exposed neck. He wondered if you were really okay with the agreement.

"You cuddle way more!" you pouted. "Just admit that you're needier than me."

He responded by slowly kissing from your clavicle up to your jaw, your face catching on fire. You fidgeted a little but never did so much as to push him off. You weren't uncomfortable, really, just concerned with the consequences. You decided to give in to your instincts and slip your arms around his back, your hands resting on his spine. "This is proof that I'm right," you muttered as he leaned into you completely.

"You like it, though," he responded. He really refused to lose an argument, didn't he? "And I like to feel you squirm beneath me."

You found yourself blushing at his words despite yourself. You didn't want to react this way, but you did. "Y-you're weird." He leaned back to look at your flushed face, pleased with you losing.

"You're weird too," he licked his lips. "But it's okay because you're mine."

"No I'm not," you frowned.

"You are when it's my turn," he replied with a tilt to his head. He wanted you to just be his all the time, but he could try to be patient. You couldn't really argue with his logic, either. It wasn't like you belonged to him but saying that you were committed to staying true to his agreement was... okay enough.

"I think I want to organize a dinner tonight for us all to go to," you said, changing the subject. Your hands rested on his chest. If anyone had walked in, the two of you would look very intimate.

"Why?" He scowled dramatically.

"I'm worried about the group conflicts. I feel like people are arguing all the time and I don't want that. You'll come, right?"

"A whole group dinner sounds dumb," he sighed.

"I assumed you'd think that," you nod. "But I hope everyone goes."