Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

"tell me a story or something," you requested. "Or anything, really, let's do something more fun than being sad about stuff."

"That's kinda vague," Jason leaned back thoughtfully. "Do you want to play a game?"

"I don't want to use my brain that much," you admitted. "I wish I was tired enough to just take a nap."

"You sleep all the time!" he hit your shoulder playfully. It was something that would agitate him more if you weren't so cute when you were sleepy. "You should build up your energy so you can spend time with me!"

"I spend a lot of time with you, dumbass," you laughed. "Maybe you should nap more."

"Well, if I'm napping with you, maybe I'll start napping more," Jason tilted his head. You bit your lip and didn't answer. You really didn't want to lead anyone on, but cuddling is... the best.

"I'm not sleepy enough to nap. Wanna watch a movie?" You stood from your chair and stretched. "I bet I can run there faster than you."

"Like hell you can!" Jason shoved you back into your chair and sprinted out into the hallway. He was silly, a feature of his you appreciated. You thought about just walking there to spite him, but figured you'd run since you suggested it anyway.

You got there only a few moments after he did, both of you panting like out-of-shape dummies. "You only beat me because you cheated," you breathed out as you plopped on the couch. Jason surprised you by dive-tackling your form, landing squarely on you and making you groan in pain. "Why did you do thaaaaaat?"

"Comfortable," he mumbled into your torso, his long arms draped around you and his legs dangling over the couch. You shifted to make yourself comfortable and rested your head on your hand, pouting. Well, now we practically are cuddling.

"We still haven't put anything on, though," you pointed out.

Jason got up to look at the movies available, "Don't move!" he shouted over his shoulder. "What do you want to see?"

"I don't know," you shrugged. "Fuckin.... Interstellar I guess."

"No," he frowned. "The plot holes in that movie are shit."

"But the soundtrack, Jason. It's a religious experience," you argued.

"You and Suki have such normie taste in movies," he whined as he rifled through the drawers of DVDs.

"Damn, everyone's a critic," you frowned. "Since you're so sophisticated, why don't you choose."

"I choose only the best, a three-hour documentary on the Ludlow Massacre," he twirled around and posed dramatically with a DVD in hand. You stared blankly at him. Three hours? Documentary?? LUDLOW MASSACRE? "Just kidding," he turned back around to grab something else.

"Oh, thank god," your eyelids relaxed.

"I actually wanna watch Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi!! It's a Bollywood film," he grinned as he put the disc in the player. You could almost sense the sparkle in his eyes. He returned to sit on you, his head leaning on your chest and his eyes glued to the screen.

"Isn't... Aren't Bollywood movies three hours long, forreal?" you looked down to him.

"Hush, it's starting," he ignored you. The answer to your question was yes, yes, they are that long.

You couldn't understand the language, so you had to read subtitles. This wasn't awful, or anything, but a little distracting. You found yourself entranced in this love story that had a lot of obstacles. It was... sweet. Also a surprising choice for Jason to make after his cruel dismissal of Interstellar. When it got to the intermission, you nudged Jason. "Get up and pause it, please. Gotta get snacks."