The first time Remus knew he wasn't like normal boys (besides the fact that he was a werewolf) was when he was in his first year at Hogwarts.

He was a silent and shy boy, too scared to make friends with anyone because of his condition.

That all changed when he was alone in a compartment and the door suddenly slid open, revealing two boys.

One with shaggy black hair and crooked glasses, and the other with sleek black hair that reached just below his chin.

"Hey, do you mind if we sit with you?" Shaggy hair asked.

"The other compartments are filled." Sleek hair finished.

Remus realized his eyes were lingering on Sleek hair for a little too long and his cheeks tinted a light pink before he quickly turned his head away, "O-Of course..."

Sleek hair obviously noticed the other boy staring at him and instantly grinned, plopping himself right next to the poor boy, "I'm Sirius Black."

Remus's eyes glittered and his mouth parted a bit as he breathed, "like the star."

Sirius blinked and he felt his own cheeks warm up a bit, "Yep!"

"Not that anyone cares but my name is James Potter," James spoke sarcastically.

"Oh don't fret, my dear friend, I haven't forgotten about you," Sirius teased, "now what's yours?"

"I'm Remus Lupin.." Remus answered, twiddling with his colorless black robes.

"I have a feeling we're going to be great friends," Sirius stated.