003

Diary Entry #2

So I got my job back? That's cool I guess. I expected a no, but I WAS SO WRONG.

I'm not as happy about having my job back mainly because Sadie isn't there anymore. She's hundreds of miles away. I don't really know how to process it since I'm so used to her coming my way and asking for her usual whenever I'm there. I don't know how to process anything these days. I'm still processing that my parents divorced four years ago and that my dad moved to fucking Philadelphia. I must've been the only thing keeping them together. But who the fuck moves to Philadelphia willingly? For Philly cheesesteaks and Wawa?

Changing the subject. Today I got to see everyone again. MJ, Peter, Ned, Betty, even Flash. Even though I don't really like Flash, it's nice to have him around.

I'm so glad to have MJ back. Like, beyond glad. I can't wait to have our almost weekly sleepovers again. Things are somewhat getting back to normal.

But the thing I still can't comprehend is Peter. According to Ned, Peter went up to space. SPACE. Like what the fuck? How is he alive? I'm still not over that hug though. That was probably more intense than me and MJ's hug, and we even almost fell on the floor.

Peter really hadn't held me like that in a long time, and in a way I missed it. I don't want to admit it, but I did. I felt so safe around him, despite my grudge. Yes, I'm still holding onto that.

I wanted to ask him if he would still be Spider-Man after everything, but it seemed that he didn't want to talk about it. Something must've really went down.

To be honest I hope he puts down the suit in a way. He's only a teenager and is constantly risking his life. Well he died for five years like me so I think it's time he stops being Spider-Man. I get that he wants to save people and be grown up, but he's missing out on having a normal life.

I wish I could tell him how I feel, but I don't expect him to listen.

Contemplating about everything,

Meg

•••

The Next Day

"Hey." Peter and Megan were in the lunch line together, and it would be the first time they had a real, full on conversation since returning. Peter didn't get the chance to talk to her yesterday, mainly because she didn't seem so willing to.

"Hey." She says. "What's up?"

"Do you wanna like... go out to dinner?" He asks, nervous as he could ever be. "I mean, you don't have to. I just wanted to talk about everything's that's happ-"

"I'd love to." Megan smiles at him. "How about Sadie's? You always loved their burgers."

"That's perfect." Peter smiles back. "Wanna go tonight at seven?"

"I'll see you there." Behind them, Ned and Michelle high five each other since it was their idea for Peter to ask Megan out on a date.

"We so did that." Michelle boasts.

"So did." Ned says.