Chapter 21: Mr. Jones's Paintings of His Lover

"So, are you planning to stay overnight?" Alfred asked as he handed him a cup of coffee.

"I mean if it's fine with you and your parents. My brother and Ivan are on their honeymoon, as you may know. And my mom won't be home until tomorrow. So, nobody's home except me." Kiku answered as he let the hot surface of the cup warm his fingers.

"Same," the blond took a seat beside him on the couch. "You can tell that literally this house is like a ghost town. Dad is working out of town and he'll be back by Sunday. And Pops have to stay in the hotel so he could pick up Mattie and Gil from the airport."

Kiku raised his eyebrows. "Wait, so Matthew-san and Gilbert-san are coming back from their Germany trip?"

"Yeah, but I heard that there are some delays, and that's why Pops booked a hotel room near the airport. I'm not sure when they're coming back, but anyways, you can stay here. And my parents won't mind, because why wouldn't they? They love you."

The smaller man blushed at his smile and sipped his coffee. "So, when do you want to start painting?"

"Anytime when you're ready," Alfred said.

Ten minutes later, after Kiku told his mom that he was staying over at Alfred's, they went upstairs in the studio/attic.

* * *

It seemed like Kiku was walking into a triangular cavern. The attic art studio is well-ventilated, and it would be dark if it weren't for the windows across and on the sides. There is an easel along with a chair and canvases on the other side. A drawer- full of oil paints, pallet knives, brushes, odorless paint thinner, and a disposable pallet on top of it- besides it, and a cabinet of miscellaneous objects such as hats, sculptures, spheres, cones, basket, plastic fruits, the eagle, etc. There is a chaise lounge situated between the light and shadows, and a coat rack at the corner.

"Wow, this place is rather intriguing," Kiku commented. "I like it, and it's pretty clean for an art studio whose artist is using oils."

Alfred smirked while rolling up his sleeves. "It won't be long until the floor is smudged with pigment and linseed. This whole place will be rank and dirty anytime soon, so it's a fair warning."

"I know, and don't worry, I'll get used to it," Kiku said softly as he took off his jacket.

The blond moved closer to him as the latter followed suit. "Ok, so here's the deal: I will use you as a model for my two paintings."

"Right."

"So, there will be times that I might take longer than expected, but I'll do my best to work faster."

"It's perfectly fine, Alfred-san."

"We will do the Baroque painting first. The theme would be Ganymede and Zeus as an eagle."

"That sounds interesting."

"You'll be half-naked the entire time-"

"I'm aware."

"But just in case, I have a robe for you-"

Kiku grabbed him by the sides of his face and placed a kiss on his lips. "You will do wonderful. I trust you..."

As he calmed down, he grabbed his waist, and Alfred pecked his lips again. "... Are you ready now?"

"Mhm... whenever you are, darling..."

The taller man pulled away and said, "Okay, you can undress now, but keep your boxers on, you don't need to take them off. Then you cover yourself with the linen; it is on the couch- chaise, by the way,"