36

Loki let out a deep breath that he hadn't realized he'd been holding in. In doing so, Estrial felt his icy breath brush smoothly across her cheeks. Everything about him in his Jotun form was freezing, even more so than the snow. But his skin was not uncomfortable to touch. "You're too kind," Loki remarked, giving her a charming smile.

"It is true," Estrial beamed, "your emotions..are beautiful." Again, Loki's breathing seemed to deepen. The star felt a sudden urge, a longing to be closer to him and his desperate emotion. She moved both of her hands up to either side of his neck, tracing the details of his blue skin. And this action seemed to spark something in Loki, too, for his hands immediately found her waist.

Before she could even process her own impulsive movements, Estrial pulled Loki's neck down gently. He didn't resist. As she pushed herself up onto her toes, Estrial's lips met his. Her eyes closed instinctively as his coldness sent shivers through her body. She lost focus on her energy quickly, however, and Loki's blue faded back to his original human skin.

Loki tightened his arms around the star, bringing her body completely against his own. He was kissing her with every ounce of passion he had, yet their lips hadn't even started to move. It was intense and stong, but soft and timid. It was intriguing to Loki that such a simple act could drive him completely mad. And when he felt Estrial's warm lips begin to move on his, something seemed to explode inside of him. Something fiery and pure and good.

Loki drew his eyebrows down in concentration, not being able to get enough as he moved his lips in perfect sync with Estrial's. He let one of his hand leave her waist to land delicately on her cheek. The star felt her own being flutter when his fingers gently brushed her jaw. Loki drew a soft line all the way to her chin before stopping, holding it with such a loving touch.

After what felt like ages, the two parted slowly. Loki breathed deeply, leaning his forehead against Estrial's. Still holding her against him, her body heat warmed him. They kept their silence for a few moments longer, breathing each other's air, fully content. Finally, Loki let out a small laugh. "I suppose.." He began sweetly, looking into Estrial's eyes, "Christmas may be a time for romance, after all...in some cases."

The star laughed, cheeks flushed bright red. "I never thought that I could feel what I do," she admitted, "but I believe now..that I always have."

This made the demigod smile brightly. Not a proud smile, or one that gave off an aura of mischief, but one that was grateful and full of honest admiration. But before he could voice anything, a noise came from above that caused his heart to drop to his stomach.

"YES!" It was undoubtedly Tony's voice. Estrial shuttered, looking up to where the voice had come from. Her and Loki's gazes both rested on the security camera positioned just outside of the door to the balcony. "Took you long enough, god," Tony teased through the mic in the camera, "are you two dating now? Officially?"

"Tony, you weren't supposed to say anything," Steve's irritated voice came through, "they were having a moment!"

"I let them finish their moment," Tony argued.

"Oh my god," Loki growled in annoyance, glaring murderously at the camera.

"You know he's gonna kill you now, right?" Bruce suddenly said.

Loki's eyes widened. "What--are you all watching?" He demanded, letting go of Estrial to argue with the camera.

"Obviously," Tony retorted.

"You probably shouldn't sleep here tonight," Thor told Tony.

"Brother?!" Loki nearly yelled, feeling helpless and flustered, "are you the cause of all of this?"

There was some inaudible yelling, followed by something crashing, then silence. Loki continued to stare at the camera with fury, but no one was going to be talking through the mic any longer. "Loki," Estrial muttered from behind him.

The God of Mischief heaved a sigh, relaxing a bit at the sound of her voice. "Yes, darling?" He responded, turning to meet her gaze once again.

"PDA," she stated shyly.

At this, Loki finally smiled again in amusement. Please Don't Attack; he wondered if anyone would ever tell the star what PDA truly stood for. He stiffled a laugh and took her hand. "I won't attack anyone," he told her a bit reluctantly. He would definitely like to attack everyone in the tower right about then. But if Estrial didn't aprove, well, he just couldn't.

Suddenly, he saw her glow build up in her chest once again, signalling that Estrial was using her magic. Then, a cracking came from behind Loki. He looked back in alarm, smiling when he saw that the camera was now smashed. He looked back to the star with a mischievous smirk. "Did you just destroy someone else's property?" He asked cheekily, "Essy, that's not like you at all."

Estrial shrugged shyly as she responded, "I can fix it just as easily."

Loki laughed and pulled Estrial against him once again. "Well, now that we're away from prying eyes..." He whispered, trailing off as he turned his head to the side.

Understanding what this meant, Estrial smiled brighter and leaned up to kiss him again. It seemed even more intense than the first. Emotions poured out in such an intimate way, a way that Estrial had never experienced before. But she loved it. She loved him. The star always had. It had started as a different kind of love, but with her human form it had grown romantic.