27

Edited by Goddamnit_Kyle

~

I know we are supposed to be just friends, but deep down I knew that wouldn't last long. He is well known for playing girls and I'm known for being the quiet nerd. He's probably only thinking of me as another one of his conquests, but knowing this I still can't stop because this is all very new to me.

There is no doubt in my mind that I'm loving this feeling. It's something new and exciting, and I want more of it. I want to be loved, touched, and cherished. However, I am afraid of falling hard and getting my heart broken. I'm afraid of heartbreak and never being loved again.

I've seen people get so heartbroken that their faith and trust in love. It's hard to compose yourself in front of others when you're trying to pick up the broken pieces of your heart scattered across the floor. What's worse is when your heart is so broken that it can never be put back together again.

These thoughts raced through my mind as I pulled away from the hug. He opened his sharp blue eyes and looked into my eyes. I was lost in the moment when he lightly pecked my lips. His lips felt so soft against mine, so soft and so tempting. Minutes flew by as we looked into each other's eyes as if nothing existed around us. When he finally spoke, my eyes widened in surprise as butterflies exploded in my stomach at his voice.

"Go on a date with me?"

"Dante." I whispered, not knowing what to say. I want to say yes so damn badly, but a voice in the back of my mind stopped me. I want to think that he has changed his ways, but I fear that all of this is just a game to him.

Maybe I am being paranoid; maybe I am overthinking; or maybe I am creating scenarios or possibilities in my head that are just too negative, maybe I am just being an utter pessimist, but how come no one ever approached me or even looked at me as if they wanted me if Dante claims that I am the talk for the boys.

Nothing makes sense.

Even I am not making any sense to me right now.

My apologies for thinking rational.

"I know what you're thinking right now, Avelyn." He whispered as he cupped my face in his hands.

"I'm scared." I confessed as my eyes shone with unshed tears.

"I won't hurt you. Please, give a chance." He pleaded sincerely. His ocean blue eyes shone with sincerity. I nodded my head yes before I could think.

"Prove it that you are worth me dating for."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! You won't regret this, I promise."

"But what if I do?"

"Then I have my friends to beat me up for it. You have them all wrapped around your finger, after all."

"Well what can I say? I have that effect on people." I joked with a light laugh as a small smile played on his lips.

"You sure do."

~

It has been thirty minutes since Dante left and Ethan has been suspiciously eyeing me the entire time. I tried so hard to ignore his blatant stare, but it was annoying when Avengers was playing and instead of excitement, all I could feel is his stare.

"What?!" I exclaimed, annoyance taking over.

"You like him, don't you?" He asked with a mischievous tone.

"What are you talking about?" I replied, trying to play it cool.

"Don't even try to deny it, sweetheart."

"Fine! I do, happy?"

"Not really. You could do better." He shrugged, turning his body to face me. I narrow my eyes into slits.

"Oh really? Like who?"

"Me." I slapped his arm hard as he giggled, as if my poor hand's sacrifice was for nothing.

"It's about time you find yourself a girl, Ethan." I mention, the movie long forgotten.

"How can I when my love for you isn't reciprocated?"

"I'm serious, Ethan." I stop him with my index finger as he was about to say something. "And no, I'm not talking about Gary Oldman."

"Fuck, you ruined my pun."

"It's overrated anyway."

"At least I have one." I shot him a fake smile and ruffled his hair.

"So back to the point. Are you interested in anyone?" I asked. He paused to actually give it thought.

"I've never really thought about it. But now I think upon it, maybe someone out-going and has self-respect. Someone who tolerates me and can knock sense into me when I'm being a dick. Like a combination of sweet and spicy."

"So almost the exact opposite of me." I tease.

"You are the only exception, babygirl." He winks and kisses my cheek.

"Someone like Stels?"

"Exactly like Stels."

His eyes immediately widened in shock and he shook his head to try and erase what he said as I sat there with a smug grin. "No, no, no, no, no! I so did not mean it like that, so stop whatever train of thought you have right now!"

"Okay, sure."

Not.

And that's when it came to me. I'm gonna play cupid. Hopefully the consequence won't be so bad. As long as the arrow lands, then I probably won't be punched in the face.

Let's begin.

••••••••

Here's the yet amazing, amazing chapter.

So, enjoy!