Prologue {NATE}

•thank you MJgracee for this super cool and cute cover!❤️Nate

Nate

Hey Dani, or should I say... DL?

It's been a while. A year to be exact. You changed your cell phone number a week after you left, and I have to say, it hurt. I suppose that had something to do with the constant calls and texts you'd received from your mom and I... we miss you, ya know? Like a lot. I guess that's why I decided to write this letter. It'll be like talking to you, but not actually you. I don't know, maybe it'll help? Probably not. It's dumb, I know. Just thought I'd let you know that I listened this time. I chased you. I chased you all the way to New York. Why, you ask? Well there's a few reasons that. First and foremost, I'm completely and utterly in love with you, you don't just let people you love slip away like that. Secondly, a wise little girl once told me she'd follow me anywhere. That was over ten years ago now, so I think it's about time I return the favor.  I promised your mom I'd find you and that's exactly what I'm going to do.  I came here blindly, with no idea what I was going to do, madly in love with a girl.  I don't regret it, but I have to say, I kind of hate this city.  It's loud and over crowded and even with all the people, it's lonely.  I'm lonely.  I began doing something you'll either be head over heels for or you'll want to punch me for, considering it's totally illegal.  It's street art.  It's not the greatest, but maybe it'll help me find you.  You'll know it when you see it.  I got an apartment in Manhattan and it's pretty dull and lonely.  Maybe when I find you you'll visit sometime?  I think you'd enjoy the view.  I hope to see you soon.  Real soon.  I miss you so much and so does everyone else at home. 

Love always,
                        Nate

Dear Dani,

Sam called today.  He's 12 now, can you believe that?  Hard to believe he was nine when we left, and turned 10 just a month after.  Gosh, has it really been that long?  Two years?  Anyways, Sam asked if I'd found you yet and it hurt so much when I had to tell him no.  He calls a lot, ya know?  You'll have to give him a call once I find you.  He'd like that. So would your mom. This is the 61st letter I've written you and sent to your home address in San Diego. Yes, I said home. San Diego is still your home; our home.  Anyways, 61 letters.  One every week of the year, and some extras on the hard days.  This is a hard day.  I feel alone and lost in this city.  My hands ache from all the sketches and graffiti I do.  It's all for you though.  You told me not to stop, so I won't. You loved my art. I'm not even entirely sure why, it was only average. I painted you something that'll probably tear due to the fact that I'm folding it to fit in this envelope and the paper was trash. I think you'll like it though, it's a bit of home. It's the ocean in our backyard. I hope to see you soon. Keep holding on, I love you.

Love always,
Nate

Hi Dani,