Chapter 11

As Tigerstripe woke up, he saw that Lionfall was back and the tom was with them. He gave a growl, which made Moonsplash, who was beside him, sat up. She saw the black tom and gave a small growl as well. Tigerstripe noticed Goldenwing flicking her tail, which told him that she wanted to talk. Tigerstripe stood up and went over to the golden she-cat.

"What is it?" He asked her.

"He's joining our clan," she replied.

Tigerstripe looked over to the tom, that was being surrounded by the other cats. Tigerstripe spotted his brother sitting next to Lionheart. He then looked at the golden she-cat that was next to him.

"He better not hurt you again," she growled.

"I'll make sure he doesn't," he replied.

Goldenwing looked at him and purred. He stared at her, before he began to purr to. There was a yowl, which told him, that Lionfall was calling a meeting. The cats moved towards the rock and sat ok front of it. Once the crowd was quiet, Lionfall began to speak.

"Today we have a new warrior. Scarlet, had decided to join, so that he could help defend our new territory," Lionfall paused as all eyes went the black tom.

"Scarlet, step forward."

Scarlet looked at the cats that were staring at him, before he went over to where Lionfall was now standing. Tigerstripe looked at then and saw that Scarlet was much bigger than his brother, which made him concerned.

"Scarlet, do you uphold the warrior code even if costs your life?"

"I do."

"Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Scarlet, from this moment on, your name will Blackclaw."

The newly named cat gave a nod and turned to the clan that began to cheer. Tigerstripe didn't cheer for the tom, since he was still upset about the attack. Goldenwing looked at him and gave him a nudge. He blinked and looked at her. She gave him a purr and got up and went over to Lionfall and Lionheart. Tigerstripe watched her go before following her.

"What about hunting patrols?" Lionheart asked Lionfall.

"Yes, we need a fresh-kill pile," Lionfall meowed.

"I could lead one," Goldenwing suggested.

"Please do. Take Blackclaw and show him the border, if you could."

She gave a nod, before going back the group of cats. Once she was gone, Lionfall looked at his brother.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked.

"Yea, but Moonsplash will have to gather some herbs soon, otherwise my wounds could get infected," Tigerstripe replied.

"True, why don't you take her out and look for some herbs," Lionfall meowed.

Tigerstripe shock his head, still not believing that his brother keeps insisting that he should be with the she-cat every second of the day. Lionfall gave a purr, before he gave his brother a nudge to the silver-and-white she-cat that was watching the clan move about. Tigerstripe growled at Lionfall before stomping over the she-cat. Once he was in front of her, she gave him a purr.

Stop. I don't like you.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

Don't talk to me.

"It's nothing, Lionfall just wants me and you to got and get some herbs."

"Is that so? Okay, let's go."

She then got up and began to pad to the entrance. Tigerstripe followed her out of camp and into the forest. He didn't day anything, since he didn't want to talk to her, but she kept looking at him and asking him is he was alright.

I don't like her! He kept telling himself. She soon got his message and didn't talk to him. He watched at she looked around for the herbs that she needed. He decided to be some help and began to sniff around. He knew a few herbs, since he was friends with the medicine cat at Meadowclan. A sharp tingly scent filled his nose and he followed it, which led him to a tall bush with flowers on it.

"Moonsplash, found some goldenrod," he told her.

Moonsplash came over and extremed the plant.

"You seem to know your herbs," she meowed, as she gently took the flowers off.

"Bluewish showed me some herbs," he replied.

"I see. She your medicine cat?"

"Yea, she's nice."

"Well that's good. Nice medicine cats are the cats you want when you injured."

"Agreed."

Moonsplash picked up the herbs and looked at him.

"This will due for now," she meowed.

"Alright."

She nodded and began to walk away. Tigerstripe stared at her, before he followed her. As they walked though the forest, neither said a word, not until they got back to camp. Moonsplash inmendently went to find a den that wasn't being used, so that she could treat there wounds. Tigerstripe followed her into a den that was dark. Moonsplash treated her wounds first before going to him. As she chewed up the herb, Tigerstripe stared out of the mouth of the den in silence. Moonsplash looked at him and felt that something wasn't right.

"Is everything alright?" She asked.

Tigerstripe looked at her.

"Lionfall keeps trying to hung me and you up," he muttered.

Moonsplash blinked.

"Your own brother?"

"Yep."

"Well that's okay. I like you Tigerstripe."

He blinked and looked up from the ground and looked at her.

I don't like you though....

"But.. Your a medicine cat.."

"I'm not anymore."

Tigerstripe suddenly felt a strange feeling that was now fluttering around in his belly. He didn't know what he was feeling, until he began look nervous.

"You like me too," Moonsplash gave a small purr.

"Um.... Yea..."

I know this feeling... It's love. He thought.

I do like her...

"Hey it's okay. Your not the only one that likes someone," she told him.

He blinked, now wondering who the others were. He decided not to ask. Moonsplash's purr got loader and Tigerstripe couldn't help but give a small purr as well.

Well... Kits may be on the way now. He thought.

Many kits.