Chapter 8

The next morning, Tigerstripe woke up inside one of the dens. He blinked and looked around the den. He saw that Moonsplash was curled up beside him. He stared at her for a moment, before he carefully removed himself from her side. He padded to the entrance and sat. He saw Silverflight sitting on the clearing and realized that she was sitting her vigil. Tigerstripe looked up and saw that the sun was rising. He knew that her vigil was now over, but he didn't want to be the one to tell her. He noticed Lionfall coming out of another den and was padding to the gray she-cat. Tigerstripe watched as the two exchanged nods and Silverflight left her spot and was padding over to the den that Tigerstripe was. As she passed him, she gave him a purr. Tigerstripe gave her a nod, before he went over to Lionfall. The ginger tom looked at his brother as he sat next to him.

"So, what are you going to call this clan?" Tigerstripe asked.

"I'm not sure yet," Lionfall replied.

"I'll give you some names. Mountainclan, Hillclan," Tigerstripe meowed.

Lionfall put on his thinking face.

"Well, if you think of it, when were making our way up here, the surroundings looked like a canyon."

"A canyon? Well, it did look like a canyon."

"How about Canyonclan?" Lionfall asked.

Tigerstripe thought about it for a moment and gave a nod.

"Sounds good."

The two toms then went silent. Tigerstripe then looked at the ground, now thinking about Meadowclan. He wanted to know if the clan knew about Canyonclan. He have his head a small shake and he looked around the camp. He saw Moonsplash making her way out of the den. Lionfall noticed his brother was staring at the silver she-cat and he gave him a nudge.

"I've seen you around her. You like her." Lionfall teased.

Tigerstripe took the tease seriously and growled at him.

"I do not!" Tigerstripe growled.

Lionfall gave a purr and nudged him again.

"Well she likes you."

"I'm sure that every she-cat here likes me," Tigerstripe replied.

Lionfall flicked his ears and purred louder. Moonsplash approached them and looked at Lionfall then to Tigerstripe.

"What are we going to do today?" She asked.

"We're going to set up the borders and announce the clan name," Lionfall told her.

Moonsplash nodded. She then looked at Tigerstripe.

"I'll go get you something to eat." She meowed as she wondered off.

He was about to reply to her, but she was already gone. He sighed and waited for her to come back. Lionfall had went over to Owlfrost to discuss a few things, that Tigerstripe didn't care about. He looked around the clearing and saw that most of the cats were out and wondering around the camp, finding new things. Tigerstripe looked at Moonsplash, who came back with a bird.

"Here you go," she meowed.

"Thank you," he meowed.

She gave him a purr. Tigerstripe then began to eat the bird, until he was full. He pushed it to Moonsplash, who ate the rest. Lionfall called for a meeting and the two went to the rock. Lionfall's eyes casted over the small clan before he began to speak.

"I have found a name for this clan. From now on, this clan shall be called Canyonclan," he meowed.

The cats gave a slight cheers. Tigerstripe didn't cheer like the others, he just stared at her brother. Once the crowd went quiet, Lionfall began to speak again.

"Today, we'll set up our borders. If we see any cats, ask they if they want to join. If they don't, ask them to leave politely."

Tigerstripe shot Berrystem a glare, which the tom didn't see. Tigerstripe noticed the other cats were looking eager to explore the new territory.

"I'll take Owlfrost, Breezeheart, Tigerstripe and Silverflight out into the forest." Lionfall meowed.

Moonsplash looked disappointed that she wasn't going out. She looked at Tigerstripe.

"You have fun out there," she meowed.

Tigerstripe gave her a nod and went over to the small patrol. Lionfall was too busy talking to the others to notice that his brother had came over. Tigerstripe sat there, looking around camp. He saw that Moonsplash was talking to Snowblaze. He narrowed his eyes and thought on why she sticks close to him.

Why does she hang around me? He thought.

I don't even like her. He gave a small, soft growl. Lionfall got up and began to make his way towards the entrance and the patrol followed. Tigerstripe followed them into the forest and let his eyes scan the thick treed area.

Good thing I'm going on this tour. He thought as he followed the cats to a tree line. Lionfall stopped and sniffed around.

"The mountains are big, so this will be the border, but we can go beyond to hunt and patrol."

"Good idea. Not many cats come here," Silverflight meowed.

Lionfall gave a nod. He gave a nod to Breezeheart and Silverflight to mark the border, while the rest of the patrol continued there way down the tree line. Tigerstripe noticed the on the other side of the tree line, he saw the plain opened meadow. He was remained of Meadowclan and he couldn't help but to purr. Owlfrost heard the purr and looked back at the brown tom. Tigerstripe noticed and gave the smaller tom a glare, that made him look away. Lionfall stopped and looked around.

"Another border will be set up here."

Owlfrost left the mark the border and it left the two brothers alone. Tigerstripe looked around, amazed by his surroundings. Lionfall gave his younger brother nudge, which made the brown tom stare at him.

"What?" Tigerstripe asked.

"Nothing."

"Is this about Moonsplash? I told you, I don't like her."

Lionfall gave a purr and Tigerstripe narrowed his eyes at his brother.

"No, I was just getting your attention," Lionfall mewed.

Tigerstripe gave huff and went back to looking around. Owlfrost came back, followed by two toms. Tigerstripe noticed and looked at them. One of the toms was big and golden, while the other was smaller and dusty brown. Tigerstripe stared at them, before he realized who they were.

"Lionheart and Barktail? What are you two doing here?"

Lionheart looked at the brown tom and gave a purr.

"Long time no see, my apprentice," Lionheart meowed.

Barktail looked at Lionfall and gave the ginger tom a nod. Lionfall gave the tom a nod back.

"So joining Canyonclan?" Lionfall asked.

"That's what the youngster, Owlfrost, said," Barktail replied.

"We would love to join your clan, Lionfall," Lionheart meowed.

Lionfall gave him a nod and looked over his shoulder. Tigerstripe noticed that Breezeheart and Silverflight were padding over to them.

"New cats?" Silverflight asked.

"Yes." Tigerstripe replied to her.

"Let's go back to camp, we'll let you meet the others," Lionfall meowed.

Barktail gave a nod and Lionfall began to lead the way back. Tigerstripe kept glancing at his mentor then to the ground.

I remember Lionheart and Barktail. They were the only two, and Lionfall, who made me feel welcomed the clan. Tigerstripe looked up and saw that the entrance to the camp was in front of them. He blinked knowing that the others would be happy.

I'm happy too. The ones that care for me are all here. I have found a place that I can call home.