Chapter one

"Who knows the answer to my question?", asked Mr. Holland, it's been at least an hour and there were kids in my class already half asleep on their desks, trying to keep their heads up. Instantly my hands shot up in the air. "Gosh, such a Hermione Granger wannabe!", someone whispered at the back of the room, talk about being a loud whisperer. "Ah, yes Ms. Rodriguez!", said Mr. Holland. He then clapped his hands and instantly everyone's attention turned on him. "Please, resume Ms. Rodriguez!". 

"The atmosphere has four primary layers, which are the troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, and thermosphere. From highest to lowest, the five main layers are Exosphere!", I said a smile spread wide on my face. "Excellent Ms. Rodriguez!", said Mr. Holland just as time as the bell went. But before all the kids in my class rushed to the door to get away from Mr. Holland, he quickly informed the class that they'll be a project next week about space and the four atmospheres. I bet no one really cared enough to listen because of a lot of kids whispering and on their phones or hardly even wide awake.

I got to my next class in a heartbeat because it was right next to my homeroom class. "Ms. Rodriguez! Just the person I was looking for, can you please send these books back to Mrs. Johnson? She keeps nagging me to return them!", said Ms. Mendes. Her voice held annoyance but I didn't mind because I like helping teachers out, especially if it meant I get to go to the library. In case you didn't know, Mrs. Johnson is my best friend. Yeah, she might be 73 years old but she never really acted her age and she is very immature I'll tell you that. 

Just as Ms. Mendes placed all the books on my arms they got heavier and heavier by a second passed. I gave Ms. Mendes a forced smile as I walked out of the door of the classroom, some girls laughing at me with their high pitched voices irritating my ears. It was hard seeing where I was going because of the books that were full on my face, suddenly I bumped into someone making the books collapse on the floor, right in front of my feet. "Watch where you're going, nerd! Geez!", said the person in front of me. I looked up to see it was none other than the person girls talk about in the bathrooms and changing rooms... Ethan Helena. The school's bad boy and player. Let me tell you, he is gorgeous, like the definition of perfection but his personality ruined all of the gorgeousness. 

"Sorry!", I mumbled, going on my knees as I picked the books up. There was no one else in the hallway, so I couldn't ask for help. I looked up again and Ethan was looking down at me, he was staring at me weirdly. More like checking me out and it was disgusting!

"Yep, you're a nerd... Nerd!", he said, giving me his signature smirk. As he walked off he knocked the books on my arms down again. I let out a frustrated groan as I picked them up again one by one. I heard footsteps coming by, my breath hitched as I tried to control my shaking hands. Is he coming back and bully me again? Please don't let it be him!

I looked up and met by mesmerizing brown eyes. "You need help with the books?", asked a voice. I realized that I was talking to Ethan's best friend, Gabriel Henderson. It took me about a moment to regain my posture. "Uh, nope! I-I don't need h-help!", I said, struggling with my words. He looked at me like I just said I poop sprinkles, cupcakes, and rainbows. "Well, okay!", he said as he got out of my way and walked off. Dang, it! Now I instantly regret refusing any help!

It took me about 5 minutes until I got to the library, where I saw Mrs. Johnson immediately walked up to me and take the books from my arms. "Ah, these must be from Ms. Mendes!", she said, shaking her head disapprovingly. "Thank you, Abigail! Now you must go back to your class! Also, give me some of your lunch I forgot to bring mine!", she said, in a cheeky manner. I looked at her like she ripped my homework. "Mrs. Johnson! You always eat my lunch!", I whined, she's done that ever since I gave her my spring rolls last year. "Abigail! You always have the best lunch!", she whined, mocking my tone of voice. See? She's so immature!

...

The bell went and almost everyone in the gym sprinted back to the changing rooms, you see if you're the last person Mr. Jackson saw you'll have to do 20 laps around the field.  And I happen to be that very person. "Rodriguez! 20 laps!", shouted Mr. Jackson. I internally groaned and started running, a few of the girls in the changing rooms were laughing their heads off like maniacs. 

After what felt like a decade, I collapsed on the way to the cafeteria. That's when everyone had their phones out and recording, laughing their heads off. The humiliation and the name calling, don't worry I never let them get to me. Their just monsters trying to drag you down in the darkness where you can't find your way out lost. I got up again, but that's when I collapsed again and the last things I saw & heard were people with their phones out, laughing. Probably streaming it on Instagram. 

I opened my eyes and saw an all too familiar face. Oh my, he was like my angel in disguise, my prince charming awaiting and my hero. "Are you my prince charming? Cause if you are... You are HOT!", I said, giggling. The guy laughed and looked at me with mesmerizing brown eyes...

Wait? 

Mesmerizing...

Brown...

Eyes?

OMG! I just called Gabriel Henderson my prince charming and said he was hot! 

---

Hoped you guys liked this chapter!
My friend forced me to write the chapter fast because she wanted to be my first reader so...

yeah, but hope you like it!

SHARE, LIKE AND VOTE PLEASE!

jelly <3