I held back my tears and looked down, ashamed.

"You are so popular; why would you suddenly get bullied? This is ridiculous."

-

"Rosé, I am sorry."

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice what was happening until my sister bowed down before me, in a 90° angle.

"I am so sorry," She tried to muffle her cries, but I could see her shoulders shaking.

"Alice..."

"I beg your pardon. I didn't mean any of what I said..."

-

'I wish it was you, and not mom.'

-

"Yet, neither you nor Dad held me back," I stated coldly.

Confused with my own emotions and the shock of seeing my sister after all those years, I pulled Jisoo's hand and walked out of the room.

The last thing I heard was Alice bursting into tears and falling on her knees, her heartbreaking sobs shattering my heart into pieces. Perhaps walking out has been the hardest I have ever done.

-------

Jisoo's POV:

Once back from our meeting with Rosé's sister, the young teacher did not stop crying. As soon as we were out of sight, she collapsed in my arms, sobbing hard. She had seemed so fragile and small in my embrace.

I teared up, not bearing to see her this vulnerable, once again. I wouldn't dare compare what she went through with Yin, and what was happening at this moment (even though I didn't know what it was about).

But in both cases, I just felt like crushing everyone and everything that ever made her cry. After an hour comforting her inside my car, I drove us back to my apartment and held her hand until she was safely tucked in my bed.

"Rosé, babe, look at me," I asked her gently.

The Australian beauty obeyed diligently, tears shining in her eyes.

"Don't cry. It makes me want to protect you at all costs, and you know how ridiculous I look, stumping my feet like a 5yo."

The joke brought a slight smile to her lips, and the urge to kiss her worries away became stronger. A sweet and kind person like her only deserved happiness in her life.

"Can you cuddle with me?" She asked unsurely with a small voice.

"Of course," I answered, already covering us both with the sheets.