I tried to ignore her pained expression and diverted my gaze elsewhere.

"Rosé, are you okay?"

I looked down to see Jisoo, watching me with those doe eyes of hers. Softening, I nodded and kissed the side of her head, sensing that my sister was observing us.

"Jisoo, this is my sister: Park Alice."

-

I was lying in my bed, motionless. I could not tell if I was scared, sad or angry. All I had in mind was the way my father hid in my room to cry.

"It's the end," he said.

But the end of what?

When I asked him, he burst into tears, without answering, then left.

Later, at night, I was awakened by cries of pain -powerful cries-, which tore my heart apart. Just like the other nights. But this time there was a thud and my father's heavy, hurried footsteps on the stairs.

I did not dare move, knowing deep inside me that it was too late. Or maybe I was just terrified. God knows how I managed to fall asleep. I woke up the next day, alone; the house was silent.

-

Jisoo pulled my hand, gently.

"Your sister?"

I never told her about my family, even though I could sense she was curious. But it was such a complicated story. I wasn't sure myself if understood it completely.

-

"Dyke!"

"She looks nice for a lesbian."

I sat at the front row, head down. A note has been left on my desk: an explicit drawing and a legend...

"We should fuck her. She needs to see what a real man is."

"We have been best friends for so long. I had a sleepover at her place. What if she observed me in my sleep or took advantage of me? People of her kind are sick."

I scrambled the note and threw it on the side, the words printed on my mind:

'You deserve a good rape.'

* * *

"Stop trying to draw attention to yourself, Chaeyoung. Dad has bigger issues to deal with. Don't add in it your childish drama," Alice scolded me.