Better (Part One) Colby Brock

Start from the beginning

The next was the fans, and they didn't take it well at all. You'd found countless videos of some fans burning the hoodies, or throwing them away. But most were just people retiring them into a box and just putting it away in their closets. A souvenir, and a relic from the time you two were still together.

It was a while before you even began to think about going to parties where you knew they would both be there. In their drunk state of mind, where they're most confident. And would most likely come up and rub it in your face.

You hadn't even met her, the only thing you'd heard from your former roommates, was that the girl was a complete bitch. Katrina had caught videos of her chewing out people like Griffin for even being friends with Colby in the first place.

She couldn't post the videos as much as she wanted to, but she definitely showed you, so you could get a good taste of what she'd be like when you first met her.

To say the least, you weren't impressed. Not even a little bit. Because it looked like a girl Colby would go after. Especially after the jail incident in January, that supposedly changed his life. But all it did was turn him darker, more like a 'bad boy' who needed a 'good girl' to calm him down or whatever.

It was all very funny to sit back and watch as one person after another came to you and mentioned how you were so much better with Colby. How they'd wished you two had stayed together, and then they wouldn't have had to deal with her bitch attitude.

At one of the parties that was going to be hosted by Mike, you decided that you might as well go and experience what it's like. It was going to be the first party you've gone to since Colby. So, you were hoping that it would be a night you could let go on.

Oh boy were you wrong.

You'd arrived at the party pretty early on with Devyn and Corey. They'd picked you up on the way so you could all go home together, and not have to worry about parking.

Basically, all your friends were there, with the exception of Jake and Tara, they were running late. Which means it was the perfect chance you got a clear vision of the girl that he was newly dating.

Lorena is her name, by the way.

You felt sick by just watching the way she clung onto Colby's arm. If he moved, then she moved in the same direction. You were practically convinced that they were secretly conjoined because she never left his side.

Right until Colby went to the bathroom or something, and that's when she'd slithered her way over to you. Her fucking snake ass ready to strike when she stood in front of you, trying to square her shoulders.

"So... you're the ex I hear about," she'd sneered, looking you up and down, "I can see why he left you now."

You have to admit, you stood there for a moment, at a loss of words, until you smiled at her, "And you must be the new girlfriend. That I've heard nothing but—" you'd coughed in the middle, "—good... news about..."

Before she could say anything back, Colby had appeared out of nowhere, and he must've thought you were some random girl at the party she was talking to. Because he was utterly shocked when he saw you standing in front of his new girlfriend.

"Nice to see you're surrounding yourself with better people," you'd snorted, "I'm sure that everyone loves her."

After that, you didn't see them for the rest of the night. But you had very clearly put a thought into his head. And you knew this because you found out the next day, that he was going around and texting everyone how they felt about Lorena.