Better (Part One) Colby Brock

Start from the beginning

Yes, he was like Aaron at the time. But eventually Aaron started to come out more, and you found him socializing like no other at certain events—like parties. Colby was different, he was just secluded.

Until the second, and final year on the lease. Corey and Elton had their falling out over girlfriends and pets. Girlfriends because of the top incident, and because Navi and Circa weren't getting along like Buddy was.

After that, Elton moved out, and later Jake motherfucking Webber moved in. The little tornado turned into a nuisance by the end of the lease. But it was for the better, because when he'd moved in, is when Colby started to come out of his shell a bit more.

And just like that, you and Colby hit it off really well. In fact, it was well enough for you guys to start dating.

Which was probably the best year you could've imagined. It was the first time you've dated someone since high school. Especially after the Ryan situation, that you promised would never make you look at guys the same. And you didn't until Colby rolled around, and you thought he was different.

The little dates he'd take you on when you both had time to. The double dates with him and Katrina. How you'd bring out the best in him at the house. The fact that he'd participate more when it came to videos other than his own.

Everyone loved you two together. Hell, even the fans were head over heels for your guys' relationship, which was the complete opposite effect that you thought they'd have. Its undeniable that Colby Brock is gorgeous, so fans having crushes on him were a constant. But you never thought that they'd be shipping you guys together as much as they did.

Even to the point where you and Colby made limited edition merch once.

It was all fun and games, up until three months ago. A week before the lease was up, he hit you with the fact that he'd been talking to some other girl. Someone who he thought was better than you were. And that you two were over.

It hurt like a bitch to get those words told to you. A stab to the heart, and it sat there for an entire day. You'd locked yourself up in your room in that time to get your shit settled.

Of course, you'd cried for most of the day. Devyn checked on you a couple of times throughout the day, and after she'd filmed her video for the day, she appeared in your room out of nowhere. Bearing your favorite fast food, nail polish and ice cream.

Later that night you two were accompanied by Katrina and Xepher. They had more ice cream, and more food. The four of you watched movies on your tv until three in the morning. Xepher and Katrina went home together, and Devyn went back to her and Corey's room.

The next day was the busiest you'd ever been in your life. And probably the worst too, honestly.

In the beginning, you had been planning to move in with Colby, as any girlfriend would do. It would also make it easier for the rent, and it wasn't supposed to be a big deal either, since you two had been living together all this time.

Now that you two weren't together anymore, you were running around the house getting your shit into a pile downstairs, and calling the nearest buildings to go and see what the apartment looks like before you settled.

At first, everyone was confused because they thought you'd still be moving in with him for some dumb reason. All you had to say was about that was he'd have to suffer in the new apartment alone. And you'd be taking no part in paying the bills.

Devyn ended up being the one who found your current apartment. She knew it couldn't be in the same building as Colby, so she found one closer to her house. And just like that, one problem was solved.