Chapter 1 : Moving Day

The first incident took place in Yokohama District of Japan

During a violence prevention speech by the mayor - a young kid, about six or seven years old, went berserk. He transformed into a wild beast and attacked a bodyguard on stage, ripping his entire arm off in the process.

He was gunned down immediately.

It was not a pretty sight.

Soon, more people started popping up with such powers all over the globe. People would transform right in the middle of a busy street, in the privacy of their homes, in all kinds of inconvenient situations. Kids started transforming during classes, in daycares, in parks.

All of them were killed instantly.

Still - the crime rate rose higher and higher with each passing day. Evil doers wreaked havoc with their new found powers. The world went into chaos.

People were too scared of the unknown.

Prisons started overflowing with people of all sorts. There were more people in jails than outside. Society - as we knew it - crumbled and fell apart.

And now, generations later - almost 98% of the population possessed that power.

People were judged on the basis of what their animal was. The strong ones were given great jobs in the military or as high ranking officials. They were celebrities. They were heroes. They were given more money than a person could ever spend and more fame than a person could ever need.

The weak ones were looked down upon.

It was the Age of Fauna.

Or - that's what people liked to call it. Taehyung liked calling it age dé animalia (because it was fancier that way).

"Jackson, you fatso. Get your trunk off me!"

Taehyung turned and saw a huge elephant. The elephant had his trunk around some guy's waist and was twirling him around and round over his head. The guy was screaming in terror.

"Yee-haw!" Someone shouted.

Taehyung turned his head and saw a guy wearing a cowboy hat, riding down the grounds on a beautiful white horse.

Taehyung saw two alligators racing. He saw two bears cuddling. He saw an anaconda wrapping itself around the elephant's legs and the elephant started jumping around like in Tom and Jerry and threw the guy in his trunk away. He saw a pig poop.