CHAPTER 4

“madam, madam, don't kill me,
madam ” i begged as pallavi boarding the jeep, ramya grabbed my hair and smacked my head to the jeep, blood poured out from the wound.

And then she shoved me in to the jeep.

“ramya, ask his name ” pallavi say from the driver seat (as she is the one who driving).

“tell ” ramya asks me grabbing my hair.

“anil ” i say,

“oh... nill ah” ramya say.

“no, madam, it's —” as am saying i received a slap,

“its nill as i say, you dare to say am wrong” ramya says.

Then as i saw we reached a forest area, two sides are covered with big trees, as I briefly saw there i can see a abandoned fortress in a ruined stage.

Pallavi stopped the jeep at the fort entrance, as the jeep halted, I started begging.

“madam, please madam, am innocent madam. ”

Ramya shoved down me from the jeep, I fell down hard on the rock ground.

I saw that pallavi is enjoying the scenery, and ramya is trying to call someone, suddenly,
we heard a sound, a proper gunshot from a long distance, then I realised,
there is a group of rebels who acclaimed this forests ages ago.

“what a nice place to die, ” pallavi says.

“madam, madam, this isn't safe, C mon, there's no time” ramya says starting the jeep, she drove for a good half kilometre, and then with a loud bang, the jeep tire exploded and they all with jeep fell down in to a deep valley, which is covered in dense forests.

“ah... ” all screamed with all their energy.

I can't feel my legs are hands, when I woke up, after minutes, I heard a scream and then as a reflex i got up and see that ramya lay unconscious beside the jeep and after that I realized that the half of the jeep weight is dropped on her,
I approached her(i forgot about the scream.)
And then it hit me, she isn't breathing and when i touched her, she is as cold as ice and i realised she is dead.

“HELP” same voice screams again.

And this time with out any hesitation, i ran towards the scream, and I found out pallavi dangling from a branch below her a deep dark pit.

“help, me ” she pleaded me.

With so much difficulty i pulled her up, she is as heavy as a truck.

Pallavi is trying to get her breath, as i also trying the same, I look at her, her police uniform is torn and her waist is clearly visible, her police belt is there but her gun pocket is empty (i thank the heavens.), her police shirt is teared at shoulders and showing her milky white hands, her pant seems alright with so much dust.

“Thanks, i thought am dead. ” says pallavi after a good couple of minutes silence.
And then i realised she brought me here to kill me,

“You're gonna kill me anyway ” i say.

Pallavi smiled at me, and came to me and kissed me on my lips. I promise, I didn't kiss any one in my life, that too, on lips, that too, she is in her police uniform (of course, half police uniform ).

After that... Pallavi got transferred to a remote village, and as we married (secretly), I also went with her, we got a big bungalow for ourselves, and I felt bored and depressed as she daily leave for her police job, and came at midnight, that's why am writing this to you, my dear friend, oh calling bell rings, my tiger came to rule my night...

Yours lovingly
Anil
(your loving friend.)