Chapter 18

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Once all the activities of the promo event and get together ended, Perth asked to be excused from the rest of the group.

He had been thinking of Saint the whole time, all alone in the house, still recovering and tired from his trip after being discharged from the hospital.

He stopped by a florist shop and ordered a big bouquet of flowers. The flowers were a combination of peach colored roses and white and pink carnations.

He took a cab and gave the driver the directions to Saint's house.

It was already evening and almost dinner time but Perth was not hungry. He just needed to be with Saint. He had been looking forward to be with Saint all day.

He excitedly buzzed at the gate and thanked the housemaid who opened the gate for him and let him through.

When he opened the door, his heart sank when he saw James in the arms of Saint.

Perth did not know how to react right away. He was too shocked and hurt at what he saw. Had Saint been unfaithful to him all this time?

"Perth!" He heard Saint call his name.

The pain in his chest was too strong that he could not get any word out of his mouth.

At that exact moment Saint's mom walked into the living room and saw Perth.

"Perth! How lovely to see you!" the mom said excitedly, "come and let me give you something to drink. I was just about to fix some dinner. I will make enough for all of us here present this evening."

All this time Saint and James were silent, too much taken by surprise at the arrival of Perth because Perth had not called or texted Saint that he was coming over to Saint's house.

Perth bowed to Saint's mom.

"Thank you for the invitation, ma'am," he said, in a voice that was almost a whisper because he was finding it hard to talk, "I just came to drop off these flowers."

"No, no, no," said Saint's mom, "I insist that you stay for dinner."

During the conversation between Saint's mom and Perth, Saint asked James to wait for him in the dining room because he wanted to talk to Perth for a few minutes.

James hesitated at first, but decided to give in and respect Saint's wishes.

"I'm sorry, ma'am," said Perth, "but I really have to go. My parents are waiting for me to have dinner with them."

"Perth," finally Saint spoke up, "could I please talk to you for a minute? If you want me to walk over to you, I can get up from the couch and use my crutches."

Saint was already standing up and positioning his crutches under his arms.

"No, no, no, no, no!" Perth handed the bouquet to Saint's mom and rushed over to Saint.

Perth assisted Saint to sit back on the couch.

Saint's mom walked over and handed the bouquet to Saint.

Saint accepted it but suddenly started to cry.

When Saint's mom saw that, she excused herself to give Saint and Perth the privacy they needed to talk.

"Perth, before you judge me..." Saint was talking between sobs.

"I'm not going to judge you," said Perth, grabbing some tissues and wiping Saint's eyes, "I understand that you needed company after you got back from the hospital and I wasn't available because of the promo event and after-promo activities with my group."