Chapter 7

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

"Son,  why are you so red in the face?" Saint's mom asked in alarm when she came back into the room carrying her lunch and Perth's lunch.

"Perth asked me ... " Saint was starting to say but Perth quickly placed his hand over Saint's mouth.

"I was just asking him some simple question," Perth quickly tried to explain, his hand still covering Saint's mouth, "but he answered me while he still had some of the gelatin in his mouth and it went down the wrong pipe. But he's okay now. I gave him some water to drink."

"What was your question?" Saint's mom asked.

Perth had just taken a sip from his soda. It was Perth's turn to start coughing hard on his soda.

Saint started to giggle.

"What's up with both of you?" Saint's mom started to get curious.

"Nothing, ma'am, I swear, we're both okay," Perth tried to reassure Saint's mom.

"Would you like to try some of my soda?" Perth offered Saint.

"You're going to let him sip from your straw?" Saint's mom asked with a raised eyebrow.

Both Perth's and Saint's cheeks turned bright red.

"I can remove the straw and he can drink straight from the tumbler," said Perth.

"No, it's okay," said Saint, grabbing the soda from Perth and sipping straight from the straw that Perth had just sipped from.

From his peripheral vision, Perth could see Saint's mom shaking her head but smiling.

Suddenly, Saint's mom's phone started to ring. She swiped her phone to accept the call.

"Yes, James, how are you doing?" she said on her phone.

Perth stiffened up and started to frown while Saint started to look uncomfortable.

"Yes, James, he's conscious now and talking. In fact he was able to finish his lunch although it was a liquid diet...... yeah, sure, here let me give the phone to him." Saint's mom said while walking towards Saint and handing him her phone.

"Hello, James," said Saint in a weak voice. "No, I'm still not feeling too well. Yes, I was told that you came to bring me a basket of fruits. I won't be able to eat them yet because I'm still on a liquid diet. But thank you for taking the time to visit me and for bringing me the fresh fruits."

"Of course you can come to visit me anytime," Saint continued, earning a dark frown from Perth.

Perth walked over to Saint's mom.

"You don't have to give me a ride home," he said to Saint's mom, "I can always take a taxi."

"But I promised your parents that I was going to give you a ride home," Saint's mom protested.

"Don't worry," said Perth, "I will explain to my parents that Saint needed you so you could not leave his side. Really, don't worry about it."

"If that's what you really want," Saint's mom said reluctantly.

"It's what I want," said Perth, leaving the room, without saying good bye to Saint. He was too busy talking on the phone with James anyway.