Chapter 16

A/N: The image above does not belong to me, it belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet,

Third Person POV

Saint gingerly climbed out of his mom's car and positioned his crutch under his right arm to support his weight.

The moment he got inside the house and settled comfortably on the couch, he pulled out his phone from his pocket and tapped on Perth's number.

"Yes, sweetheart," Saint's heart jumped when he heard Perth calling him sweetheart.

"Are you busy right now?" Saint asked, "I can hear a lot of noise in the background."

"Yeah, I'm with P'Plan and P'Mark and all the other P's in our agency," Perth replied, "We are about to go on to the stage to promote a new brand of shampoo for men and women."

"How long is the whole event going to last?" Saint wanted to know.

"Our manager is projecting an hour to an hour and a half," Perth answered, "you know how it is, we perform some dances and songs and then we will distribute samples of the product to the audience."

"And then what are your plans after that?" Saint tried not to be too curious but he couldn't help it.

"Not sure, but I think our manager is gonna treat all of us to lunch and then we will be hanging out after that for a little bit to discuss our next group event," Perth informed Saint honestly.

That was one trait of Perth that Saint liked about him. Perth was always open and honest toward Saint about all his activities. There was no reason for Saint not to trust Perth.

"So basically your whole day is shot," Saint could not hide the disappointment in his voice and could not help letting out an audible sigh.

"Babe, I'm so sorry."

When Saint heard the word "babe" he instantly remembered James  also calling him babe when they spoke on the phone last night and James had ended the call with "I love you, babe."

"It's okay, Perth," Saint said with resignation, "enjoy your day but don't flirt too much with the fan girls."

Perth laughed. "Don't worry, sweetheart, you are always on my mind."

"Please call me as soon as your activities are over," Saint requested.

"I will," said Perth, "I gotta go, our manager is motioning for us to go up the stage now."

Saint realized that Perth had cut the call without saying "I love you."

Saint tapped on James' number. He had promised James that he would call him as soon as he got home from the hospital.

"Yes, sweetheart," once again Saint's heart jumped. James had answered his call the exact same way that Perth had done earlier.

"James, I just wanted to let you know that I'm at home now," said Saint.

"I'm on my way to you, babe, see you in a bit, love you much," James said before ending the call.

Again Saint noted how James ended his call with words of love. His heart was starting to get torn.

"Focus, Saint, focus," he scolded himself, "it's Perth whom you love. He was just distracted because he was busy with his promo event."

In a few minutes, James was buzzing at the gate and the live-in help let him in.

James rushed up to Saint to give him a hug.

"Uhh... uhh... my chest still hurts a little bit," Saint said weakly.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," said James, straightening up, "here I brought you some very sweet mangoes. My mom bought them yesterday from the market to give to you when you come home from the hospital."

"Thank you, James," Saint said with a smile, but all of a sudden, for some unexplained reason Saint felt very lonely and a few tears escaped from his eyes.

He turned his face away so that James would not see.