I may never get the chance to see my best friends get married.

I may never get the chance to grow old with the person I was most in love with.

Those were the kind of thoughts that just kept running through my mind. I was happy that I got an extension on life, but knowing I had a countdown to the end made me worry. The doctor said it could be months, or it could be years. That means I would never know when my countdown would hit 0.

I was dragged back to reality when my phone buzzed on the table next to me. I opened a message from Casey and Ally asking if they could come visit after dinner.

I thought about it. Did I really want to see them right now? Did I really want to tell them the news right now and have them break down?

I had a thousand questions running through my head. I decided to tell them that was fine, because I didn't want to be rushed into surgery before getting the chance to tell them.

"We're gonna go down and grab something to eat, I'll bring you back something. Will you be okay alone for a few hours?" my sister asked walking over to me. I nodded and she hugged me before exiting the room.

I was scrolling through my twitter timeline when I heard the door open. I looked up to find a new doctor walking through the door.

"Hi I'm doctor Chase," the man said walking towards me. He was very tall, and had bright green eyes. His hair was the same color as Luke's.

"I'm just gonna change your IV," he said with a smile.

"Alright," I said putting my attention back to my phone.

"I'm sorry to hear what you're going through," he said with a soft frown. I guess each doctor that would attend to my needs would have to know.

"It's alright, I guess some people aren't as blessed as others," I said truthfully.

"How old are you?" he said making conversation as he began to switch the IV's.

"17, i'll be a senior in September," I said. I winced as he pulled the IV needle out of my skin and replacing it.

"Sorry about that. Senior year huh? That's a big deal."

"Yeah, hopefully i'll be able to walk at graduation," I said lowering my voice. I couldn't believe there was a chance I may not be able to make it that far in life.

"I'm sure you will pull through," he said with a smile.

"Thanks," I mumbled, not very confident in what he was telling me.

"Keep your senior partying to a minimum," he said with a chuckle, turning to leave the room.

I laughed, "Will do," I smiled at his friendly attitude. It was nice to have someone not just pity me, someone that tried to make me laugh.

Around 1pm my family walked back into my room, handing me a bag of Taco Bell.

"Oh my god thank you," I said happily taking the bag from my sister's hands. I was glad I wasn't eating a tasteless lunch from the hospital cafeteria. I was also happy that my sister already knew I was craving Taco Bell without having to tell her.

-

I was playing Uno with my family when the doctor came in.

"Your surgery will be tomorrow at 4pm, it was the earliest we could get you in," she said.

"Thank you," I said as she exited.

I glanced up at the clock, it was almost 7pm so I knew Casey and Ally would be here shortly.