Chapter 7

I woke up to a knock on my door. I opened my eyes and flinched at the sunshine that was peeking in through my window.

"Hm," I groaned while sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"I'm leaving $20 on your dresser, do the dishes please," my dad said walking into my room with his work uniform on. I realized he must be leaving for work, which meant it was only 9AM.

"Thanks, I'm going to Ally's tonight so i'll be home tomorrow afternoon."

"Okay I love you."

"Love you too, dad," I said as I flipped over trying to go back to sleep.

After trying to sleep for about 10 minutes, I sat up realizing there was no hope.I was one of those people who couldn't go back to sleep 95% of the time after being woken up.

I dragged myself out of bed and pulled my hair into a ponytail as I made my way to the kitchen. It was still early so I decided to make myself a ham and cheese omelet.

I took my breakfast and went into my room and turned on my laptop to watch Netflix while I ate.

After finishing my episode of House, I walked back into the kitchen to clean up.

I hated actually making any food that involved more than my microwave because then I had to do the dishes by hand since my dad never replaced our dishwasher. He said it saved us money to do them by hand anyways.

After cleaning up the kitchen, I walked outside to get the mail. I winced at the brightness of the sun once I stepped outside. The sounds of birds chirping and my neighbors mowing their lawns filled my ears.

After retrieving the mail, I flipped through each envelope but of course nothing was for me. I walked inside and threw the mail on the table before walking back into my room.

I sat on my bed and took a deep breath before looking at my phone.

*10:30am, Friday* I decided to get in the shower since I had plenty of time before Casey picked me up.

-

"What movie now?" Ally asked, holding up a stack of DVD's. We just finished the fourth movie of our movie day.

"I don't care," I said scrolling through my timeline on twitter, "but, I'm going to vote for something funny."

I looked over at Casey waiting for her to say something, but she was too busy typing on her phone.

"Ashton?" I questioned giving her a suspicious look.

"Yeah," she said with a smile.

"You never told me about him like you said you would," Ally said, as I scooted over to make room for her to sit on the bed.

"Oh yeah," Casey said sitting up intrigued.

"So, a few weeks ago Bailey and I went to his hockey game and then we went to get five guys. Anyways we went back to his house afterwards and then I don't know he just seemed really cool. He wasn't the same immature guy I had a crush on three summers ago. I really liked him, and now we're together," Casey said, making her story short and sweet as per usual.

"Did you guys make it official?" I asked Casey, since she felt like she was getting mixed signals yesterday.

"Yeah, last night he dropped me off and we kissed, and he told me he really liked me. So I hope it means we're together," she said laughing.

"Gross," Ally and I said at the same time, bursting out into laughter.

"Shut up! So what's happening with you and Luke?" Casey asked, looking at me with piercing, suspicious eyes.