Chapter 11

I woke up and looked at the clock. I knew that after Luke asked me out last night, I would have to call Casey and get her up to speed. I sat up in bed and reached over to grab my phone off the charger. After three rings she picked up.

"Hello," she said with a smile clearly on her face.

"Hey Case, I have some news to tell you," I said already being able to picture her sitting up intrigued.

"Oh gosh, go on," she said eagerly.

"Well last night Luke and I hung out after he picked me up from the gas station. My car broke down so he came to get me. Long story short, when he dropped me off he asked me to go to dinner with him tonight," I said quickly. I spoke quickly; especially when I was nervous, excited, or just had a lot to say.

"Oh my god, are you kidding?" Casey asked. She always used the same phrases over and over again and "oh my god" was one of them.

"I'm not I promise," I said trying to fight back my smile.

"That's so cute, Bail! I knew you liked him," she said gloating. I could hear the smirk in her voice, she was rewarding herself for being right.

"Yeah yeah yeah," I said, shooing off the fact that she was right, "even though I'm just setting myself up for disappointment. There's no way Luke out of all people would actually like me," I was always so hard on myself.

"Shut up Bailey. There's so much to love about you," she said trying to make me feel better.

I half smiled, "thanks Case," I said even though I still didn't necessarily believe her. After assuring her that I would text her as soon as I got home, I hung up.

The entire day I was outrageously nervous. The fact that Luke out of all people had asked me on a date blew my mind. I was so boring and unoriginal; plus he was way out of my league. Despite my doubts, I was extremely excited. I obviously didn't know everything about Luke quite yet, but I did know that I liked him.

The day went by faster than I thought it would; I assumed it was because I was so nervous. All day I had made up scenarios in my head that would probably never happen. Like if I were to drop my food all over myself, or trip and fall in front of Luke. There was a countless number of situations running through my head.

As the day progressed, I realized I didn't even know what I was going to wear or what time Luke was getting me. It was like he was reading my mind because soon after, my phone buzzed.

*I'll get you at 7 if that's alright :-)* More butterflies flew into my stomach.

*Awesome, how fancy is it?* I asked not sure what to wear. I didn't want to be too casual and I didn't want to be over dressed.

*Casually fancy if that makes sense. It's not too fancy, but it's not exactly a place for jeans* He sent back. Immediately, my phone buzzed again

*If that's okay with you :-)* It made me smile how considerate Luke was being.

*Anything is fine :-) see you at 7* I said tossing my phone down.

I ran my hands through my hair and looked at the clock, it was about 5:30. I rushed and got into the shower to make sure I had just enough time to get ready.

I tried to keep my shower fast so I had enough time to blow dry and straighten my hair.

After taking what seemed like years on my hair, I was finally done. I put on a light amount of makeup, trying to make it seem like I wasn't trying too hard.

I opened my closet door letting out a breath. I scanned over my options, finally deciding on a black summery dress. It wasn't too fancy; it was casual. I slipped on a pair of sandals noticing that it was about 6:45.