Chapter 18

I came home from the hospital and found Kate and Sophia in my room. They had a stack of 80's movies and a heap of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

"Since you can't party for a while, we brought the party to you."

"You guys are the best friends ever."

We pulled an all nighter and had the best time.

"So did it feel like your heart exploded?"

"Sophia it expanded not exploded."

"Kate quiet let the girl answer. So was it like getting hit with a water balloon in the chest?"

"No it was more like not being able to breath then having someone sit on your chest."

"Oh my God that's terrifying."

"I thought I was dying."

"Serena that's traumatizing."

"I have to tell you guys something. I think I died for a few minutes."

"What?" they looked at me like I was crazy. But I did die.

"I walked towards a big warm light. I felt so safe and secure. I heard my great grandmother's voice telling me everything was going to be ok. I saw a girl and she gave me a hug. My mom lost a baby between me and the twins and I think that's who I saw."

"Serena that's beautiful."

"It was surreal. I saw my parents praying over my bed and crying. I saw Charlie getting the call from my parents. I saw everyone."

"Everyone?"

"Yea it was weird. I also felt what everyone was feeling. When I looked at my mom, I felt grief and worry. I looked at everyone I knew and just felt sad. But when I looked at Chris, it made my heart hurt. He felt a deep grief and guilt that I couldn't even begin to understand. I felt his pain and it was something I wouldn't wish on my own worst enemy."

"Serena did you tell him that?"

"God no I wouldn't ever tell him that."

"What? why?"

"Kate he already thinks this was his fault I'm not going to make him think he caused my temporary death."

"It kind of was his fault."

"Sophia shut up it wasn't his fault."

"Well he was chasing you around."

"Yea that doesn't mean anything."

"What were you guys doing on the couch that he made you have a heart attack?" Sophia gave me a smirk like 'I know you were doing something dirty'

"Well he pinned my hands above my head..." Sophia cut me off.

"Oh getting kinky?"

"Sophia let her finish. Serena continue telling us about your hot date."

"Gladly. He pinned my arms above my head and was tickling me with his other hand. I was getting really turned on and I think he was too. It was going somewhere until my stupid heart ruined it. It was really hot."

"So you're into him holding you down or no."

"I just liked how he took charge and was strong. Ooo I love thinking about it."

"Careful you might give yourself another heart attack."

"I won't I just love when guys take you and ugh I love it."

"Is our little Serena in love?"

"I think we have a case of the feelings!"

"Quick! someone get me the Ben and Jerry's!"

"Oh Serena you're in love!"

I just chowed down on my ice cream. I knew how I felt about Chris. But hearing Kate and Sophia taunt me about it made it seem so real. Does he love me back?

"Guys it's no big deal."

"Serena it is a big deal. Chris was friend zoned for the longest time. Now he's finally your boyfriend? That takes skill."

"Well..."

"Well what?"

"Well we aren't actually dating..."

"What?! yes you are!"

"No he hasn't actually asked me out."

"Oh my God I'm gonna slap that boy silly."

"I'm calling him."

"No Sophia don't!"

I didn't want her butting in like she always does! Chris would ask me out on his own terms and I didn't want Sophia ruining it. I didn't know how to stop her. So I did the only thing I could to stop her.

"Guys... I... I think... my heart...." I fell to the floor and pretended to pass out.