13: Suspicions

[A/N: I have no idea about medical terms and procedures, so please forgive me if I mention something questionable in this chapter. I also wanted to speed up some stuff here, so you might find events pressed together.]

13: Suspicions

Butthole purred sadly at the look of Forth's father. His mom and sister were simply shocked and he could feel Forth's heart hammering behind him.

"What did you say? A BOYfriend?" his dad said.

"Krub." Beam knew Forth as a SOTUS leader, with a loud voice and strong personality. It was the first time he saw the guy look small under the gaze of someone older.

"You... my only son is gay?"

"Only for that guy." Forth said.

Butthole who was still sitting on Forth's lap can't help but give his boyfriend a short rub on his chest.

"I don't want to eat anymore." His dad said and walked out of the dining room.

Recovering from their shock, his mom stood up too and approached Forth.

"Son, is it true? You're dating a guy?"

"Yes, Ma. For almost a year now."

His mom sighed, a look of disappointment on her face. His sister, sensing an awkward atmosphere, got up and washed the dishes.

"What did you see in him that you cannot see with women?" his mother asked kindly.

Butthole rested his head on Forth's chest and meowed softly. Unconsciously, Forth ran his hand on his fur.

"He makes me happy. I can be myself when I'm with him. He's a good person Ma, and I would like you to meet him."

"But you can also find women who are good-natured. How can you be sure that you are not just treating him like a best friend?" His mother reasoned out.

"But Beam is the only one I want for myself." Forth replied.

If he was not in cat form, Beam would've kissed Forth right then and there.

His mom was silent for a minute. She got up, patted his son's cheek and sighed again.

"I'll try to talk with your father." And she went upstairs too.

Unconsciously, he carried Butthole up to his room and he crawled on his bed, burying his face on his pillow.

He can already imagine Beam's sad face if he mentions this to him, but he extinguished these thoughts from his mind. Beam is a cheerful person and he can't bear to see his disappointed face. He will not mention this to Beam.

He crumpled his hair and sat up, staring at the window.

Beam had done it smoothly, whereas, he had to struggle in order for his boyfriend to meet his family.

Butthole jumped on the bed and lay his head on Forth's lap, purring.

Forth find it a bit comforting. He ran his hand on Butthole's head.

"Don't be sad, baby. I understand." Beam purred again.

Forth removed Butthole from his lap and lay on the bed, scrolling through his gallery. He stopped at a very recent picture of him and Beam. It was just taken a few hours ago when he went to make peace with his boyfriend.