Chapter Forty-Four

Start from the beginning

Dad, where are you? She thought.

From the Titan steam, Levi suddenly came, he launched itself at Iris, and landed on her shoulder.

"IRIS! GO AFTER THE BEAST TITAN!"

Without a second to waste, Iris ran through the field, chasing after the Beast Titan. When they came near the Wall, Levi noticed that the entrance was blocked by Eren's Titan Armor, and the only way to get to the other side was to scale the Wall.

"IRIS, YOU DON'T HAVE A WAY TO GET THROUGH WITH YOUR TITAN. I'LL PURSUE HIM MYSELF! ONCE YOU GET OUT OF YOUR TITAN FORM, TAKE THE OTHERS WHO ARE LEFT AND SCALE THE WALL TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE!" Levi commanded.

Iris nodded.

When they were at the foot of the Wall, Levi jumped off of Iris' Titan and scaled the Wall, pursuing the Beast Titan. Iris had her Titan sit on the ground by the Wall, and once she was sure that it won't topple down on the others, she released herself from the Titan. She gasped when she felt the cool air outside, steam came from her as she tried to pull herself out of the Titan flesh.

"IRIS!" Marlo came.

"I NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS THING!" Iris said.

"Hold on!" Marlo used his ODM and launched himself to the Titan's shoulder, when he came to where Iris was, he saw her hands stuck at the Titan's flesh. "How do we..."

"JUST CUT THEM OFF!" Iris said.

"But what about your hands?!"

"IT'LL GROW BACK! JUST CUT THEM OFF! WE NEED TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THIS WALL!"

Following her command, Marlo cut off the flesh, detaching Iris from the Titan, luckily, he didn't cut her hands. When it came to pulling her out, he had to put his arms under her shoulders and tug. Once she was out, Iris was brought down by Marlo and was greeted by the other recruits that survived.

"Is this everyone?" Iris asked.

"Yes." Marlo said.

"Are there any survivors at the field?"

Marlo shook his head.

Iris bit her lip, pissed to know that most still died.

"SHIT!" She punched her Titan.

"Iris!" Marlo gasped, shocked with her actions.

"The Commander?"

Marlo shook his head.

"We didn't... we weren't able to go back for him..."

Forcing herself to her feet, Iris checked her gear to see if it was not damaged from being inside a Titan.

"Under Captain Levi's orders, we are to scale the Wall and retreat inside..." Iris said.

"But, what about the horses?" Marlo asked.

"Tie them up..." Iris said. "I doubt our enemy would come back here."

"But, are you sure?"

"Leave a squad of six... Marlo, you take command." Iris said.

"I won't let you down!" Marlo said, with a salute.

"The rest of you!" Iris turned to the other recruits. "Follow me, we'll scale the Wall and meet with the others at the other side!"

~*~

Levi landed on the roof where Eren stood with Bertholdt threatened by his blade, and behind him was a burnt corps. He had his eyes at the fleeing Titan that had the Beast Titan on its back.