Chapter Fifty-Seven

Internment Zone, Marley

"Can I ask you a favor, Falco?"

"What is it, Mr. Kruger?"

"Will you send this letter for me? if I sent it from inside the Ghetto it's contents would be checked, right?"

"That's right."

"If that happens, they'll find out I'm faking my illness, so I want you to send it somewhere outside the Ghetto."

"Got it. Is it for your family?"

"Yes. I just want them to know, that I'm here, safe and sound."

Falco ran down the streets towards the Warrior's Headquarters, feeling more determined than he was earlier. The man he spoke to a few moments ago have given him a whole new perspective and gave him the drive he needed to keep going until he reaches his goal. And to repay him for giving him such determination, Falco agreed to deliver a letter he was going to send his family, but to do so, he needed to get outside the Interment Zone.

"Falco, where are you headed to in such a rush this late?"

Falco stopped on his tracks upon seeing Reiner standing before him, confused.

"I forgot something. I'm heading back to headquarters, please excuse me!"

Falco ran around Reiner and headed to the gate that separated the Marleyans and Eldians. There was a mailbox just a few blocks from the Internment Zone, it would take him a few minutes to get to if he were to continue his pace, he only hopes that the mailman has not taken the content for the day, if it were, then the letter that Mr. Kruger have given him will have to wait for a while until it could be delivered to his family. Upon finding a mailbox, Falco slipped in the letter with no doubt of its content and then ran back to the Internment Zone, unknowing to him that he has assisted Marley's greatest enemy.

~*~

Few Days Later | Interment Zone, Libero, Marley

Gathered at the stadium in the Ghetto, Marleyans sat at the front near the stage, while the Eldians stood at the back to watch and hear the solution that Willy Tybur have told them last night. Dressed in their uniforms, Reiner and the other Eldian Warriors that held one of the Nine Titans gathered with the others.

"Oh, you came." Said Pieck.

"Where's Falco?" Asked Porco.

"He said that he was going to look for his friend and took off somewhere." Said a young Warrior in training.

Just on cue, Falco came to where they stood, panting.

"Vice-Captain Braun, may I have a minute of your time?" Falco asked.

"Right now?" Reiner asked.

"It's alright, there's still time until the curtain rises." Zeke said as he checked his watch.

"Come. It's over here!" Falco dragged Reiner to one of the buildings by the stadium.

"What's going on?" Reiner asked.

"You'll see once we get there!"

Falco brought Reiner down the stairs where it lead to closed door. When Falco entered, Reiner followed and closed the door behind him.

"Here we are." Falco said.

Confused to why Falco have brought him to the cellar, he was about to ask, but he stopped when he saw an Eldian, sitting on a chair. The man had long hair, his left eye wrapped with a bandage that goes around his head, and his left leg was missing. When the man raised his head to meet his gaze, Reiner's body froze.