Chapter Twenty-Three

Wall Sina

The man stood before the aftermath at Stohess. It has been about 48 hours since the operation of the Scouts to apprehend the Female Titan was held, and now they left the District as if they had not done anything to it. His hands balled to a fist, he saw him, Kenny's nephew. He had the chance, the man was invalid due to his injury, but he wasn't able to take action. Now, he had let the man slip away from his grasp.

"Captain Reed." A Military Police came.

"What?" the man – Captain Reed – said.

"Your father, Lord Reed, requests to see you."

"Tell him that I'm busy." Captain Reed said, about to walk away.

"He's accompanied by Lord Reiss, he said that it was urgent... Lord Reed won't take no for an answer."

Well fuck...

Captain Reed cursed under his breath. He called for one of his men to get his horse. He left orders to his Second-in-Command to oversee the reconstruction of Stohess and the survivors while he reports to his father.

Captain Reed arrived at Reed Manor, an isolated Manor at the West side of Wall Sina. With his horse running, he was able to get to his childhood home within hours.
Upon arriving at the Manor's gates, Captain Reed handed his horse at the servant that came to his side and then walked inside his home, not bothering to remove his Military Police uniform. He went to his father's study, and without knocking, he saw his father talking with Rodd Reiss, and at the corner was none other than the Reiss family's very own protector, Kenny Ackerman.

"What's that fucking bastard doing here?" Captain Reed demanded, glaring at Kenny.

"Julius." Lord Reed said. "They are our guests."

"He's a fucking murderer! He killed half of my men!" Captain Reed yelled.

"You're one to talk, Reed." Kenny smirked. "Or may I remind you the lives you took with that knife of yours?"

"We're not here to kill each other." Lord Reed said. "We are here for more important matters." Silence came to the two glaring men. "We all heard of what has happened in Stohess, and we all know that the Scouts have seen it... the Titan in the Walls. And I have received word that Pastor Nick is in the hands of the Scouts, taken for questioning."

"We could always take care of him." Kenny said.

"We will leave that to Randal to take care of." Rodd Reiss said. "We have more important matters to discuss..."

The matters of Eren and Rodd Reiss' bastard daughter. Two valuable people that they needed to continue on the legacy of the First King; one holding the Founding Titan, the other the last Reiss successor and the future of the Royal Blood. Two important elements in humanities' and the Wall's future.

After their discussion ended, Lord Reiss left with Kenny Ackerman, leaving Captain Reed and Lord Reed in their estate. Once the father and son were sure of the two have left their estate, Lord Reed spoke.

"Did he find her?" Captain Reed asked.

"We had your sister hidden in the cellar." Lord Reed said.

"I'm surprised that they haven't had a single clue about her daughter."

Lord Reed nodded.

"We both know what must happen." Lord Reed said. "If Rodd Reiss gets his daughter, then everything we have done will be all for nothing."

"What do want me to do?" Captain Reed asked.

"What is necessary for our family... kill Historia Reiss."