Chapter 40: My woman

Ashley's POV

"Okay I'll stop talking about how I missed you and all before you start crying" Kelly said sensing that her words were making me feel guilty and emotional at the same time as I just shook my head chuckling a little.

"Sorry for bringing her here, I know you were probably not ready to see anyone from our family yet but she just kept nagging me so I couldn't do much about it" I turned around hearing Kevin's voice from behind us as he was still sitting where he was earlier. I almost forgot that he was in the room too.

"It's okay. I know she can be a headache sometimes" I replied grinning.

"Seriously guys I'm standing right here so stop talking as if I'm not" Kelly said rolling her eyes as I just laughed at her drama.

"Okay enough of talking, I'm starving so I think we should go out somewhere" I suggested after a moment and by we I didn't just meant Kelly and I but Kevin too. I know he and I are not on good terms right now but I'm not that cruel to leave him alone here while we go out and eat.

Yeah as if he was going to leave your side even if you wanted him to, my subconscious rolled her eyes at me.

"Yeah let's go I'm hungry too" Kelly replied.

"No, you just came from work Ashley you should rest. I'll just order something..." Kevin said but paused as his phone rang and he excused himself and walked out to receive the call.

"What" I asked sitting on the couch as Kelly kept looking at me as if accusing me of something that I don't even know about.

"You saw that" She asked sitting beside me.

"Saw what Kelly" I asked.

"That he still cares for you, even after everything that you have put him through" She replied as I frowned at her choice of words.

With everything that I have put him through?

"Will you please stop with that 'with everything he's been through' thing already" I said irritated. I don't even understand why she keeps siding with him all the time now a days and talks as if I'm at fault...while she doesn't even knows anything.

"Or maybe you can just enlighten me on what he has been through" I asked crossing my arms.

"I'm just trying to say that what you think about him is not true. He didn't cheat on you" She replied.

"How can you even be so sure, you don't even know the entire thing" I said with a straight face.

"Sure I don't know what exactly happened between you two and also I believed what you told me but by what I have seen in these past five months, I'm certain about one thing that he loves you to no end...he doesn't even looks at anybody else when you are around him and it's been like that ever since childhood" She replied but paused sighing.

"His world starts and ends with you Ashley and you are taking him for granted. You are lucky to have that kind of love and you'll know it's worth after losing it...but I hope you never lose it" She added with a dry smile.

I just looked at her for a moment analysing in my head that if I should say what I'm about to say or not.

"Please don't lecture me about taking love for granted, you sound like a hypocrite" I said.

"What do you mean" She asked frowning.

"Why did you leave Tyler" I asked coming straight to the point.

"So he told you" She mumbled almost as if talking to herself, shaking her head.

"Yes he did and I don't even understand why I got to know this from him rather than you" I replied with an eyebrow raised.