Chapter 7 - Murders?

We didn't want Miss Kelly to think that we were ditching her so we took a stop at the hospital gardens. Miss Kelly was already there. "Miss Kelly?" I said as I approached her.

"Hello kids. How are you all?" Miss Kelly asked, happy to see us.

"Good!" We all replied.

The others started edging me over to her to tell her "Miss Kelly?"

"Yes, dear" Said Miss Kelly happily.

"We came here tonight to tell you we're going to have to skip our talk for tonight. Sorry." I said sincerely.

"I understand, kids. Is it Studies?" Miss Kelly asked.

"Umm... Yes. Studies. Assignment. About... Murders." After I said that, I immediately regretted it!

"Murders?" Asked Miss Kelly suspiciously. "That's an interesting subject..."

"Indeed. Well, bye bye." I said trying to act normal. As we were running back I yelled. "See you tomorrow! (Phew)"

"Murders! Really?!" Sam said looking at me in a disgusted way. "Was that the best thing you could come up with?!"

"It was the first thing that popped into my head. I didn't mean to be insensitive."

"You could have said something like animals or plants or even rocks." Informed Sam.

"I know. I'm sorry. But it worked, didn't it? Let's go." I said as we were still running.