The One Where They Never Make Up (Part 1)

"You little shit! You scavenging asshole! How DARE you send me off like that! I never want to hear from you again. Don't bother trying to text me back or call me. It's obvious I am just a joke to you, after all! Well, you were an okay FUCK either way, Buddy. Thanks! Enjoy the rest of your life- I hope I never see you again!!!

Fuck you very much Fred,
Cherie"

I quickly hit send and raised my head feeling proud for sticking up for myself. With my towel still on, I slid under the covers on my bed and tried to sleep the day away.

————————

Freddie's ridiculous amounts of text messages and phone calls, were really starting to annoy me. I'd change my number, but I don't want to lose potential business from clients calling an outdated phone number. I'd have to reprint business cards and update our website.

I think eventually, he should get the picture. I don't see him being as persistent as Jimmy. Any way, I don't see how he could possibly think I'd talk to him again. It was a one night stand and that's where I'll leave it be.

My heart still tinged with a wave of hurt when I think about how passionately we made love on that rooftop. How sweet and caring he's been to me the entire time he was by my side. A girl could only make that shit up in fairy tales. I'm well aware that I got played. Time to put my big girl panties on and forget about Freddie Mercury all together.

I hurriedly pack my makeup trunk and drag it with me down the steps and load it into the back seat of the car.

"Bye, Rosie! I'm off to work!," All that Rose could manage is a wave from her spot on the couch. The poor thing has really been tiring herself out.

As I walk into the joint, that is now my second home, I go to the backstage entrance and open my locker. Slipping off my cloths as the other girls walk around, tittys out and perky, I slide my g-string into place and put on my black fishnet stocking. I reach for the package of pasties on the top shelf and stick one of each onto the center of my nipples.

"Cherie, you're up next," Alice, my new friend, nudges my arm and gives me a quick smile before walking back into the stage.

I take a deep breath and pull my shoulders back as I fix my posture. My 9inch heels don't make me wobble in the slightest. I'm so used to this.

As I work my way down the runner of the stage, to the shiny metal pole at the end, a gang of drunken men holler explicit words at me. I ignore them and keep rolling my body as I seductively prance around the pole. Their hands reach out to me with the green dollar bills I came here for. Humiliating as it may be, I get to my knees in front of them and shake my cheeks in their faces, until I feel their fingers tracing my thong as they secure their bills into the fabric.

My mind is blank when I'm dancing. Nothing can reach me as I've got to move around emotionless to dull the reality of my downfall. Nothing in this world could make me stay in the present moment right now. Luckily, I haven't fallen into the habit of drinking or drugs, so much like the other girls here. No, I'm not that stupid. I'm only doing this until my business kicks back up again.

A firm spank to my ass, shocks me back from my thoughts. I turn to scold the man, but security has already pointed to the "Don't Touch the Dancers" sign that's lit up on the wall.

To prove a point, I move back up the runner and towards the other end of the stage. I take the steps down to the tables and dance around waiting g for an offer to be bid my way.

"I got 50 for ya, baby. What'll that buy me?,"

Of course. Of course he'd be here to make me even more embarrassed in my vulnerable position. I turn to reject Jimmy as he stares up and down my body and licks his lips. Except, I don't get the chance to. My boss is giving me the stink eye and pointing to the back of Jimmys head. A warning that I should not reject a customers offer.