73. Hallucinations? Real life? Both are a living hell

Start from the beginning

- I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry... I know I can be stupid sometimes, baby... I whisper so lowly to not wake her up as I gently squeeze her hand with mine. I need it... I believe you, Sweetie. I do believe you... I continue whispering very lowly as a new tear roll down my face. I love you so deeply, Lilou... so deeply. I just hope you won't be mad at me for too long... because I won't be able to hold on and keep going alone. I need my little girl with me to guide me... I finish by whispering extremely lowly, almost like the words aren't going out of my mouth anymore. I grimace sadly as I gently kiss the top of her head. A new tear roll down the side of my face. I silently sniff sadly before staying closer to my child, holding her not only by her waist with my arm but by her hand with mine. I just need to know that she is here...

Damon's P.O.V.

I walk back upstairs and go to my bedroom. I drink the last swallow of my drink as I was about to enter my bedroom. However, I stop as I see my little brother, hugging his sleeping daughter. I watch him with a slight sad frown as I listen to his words. Stefan is really sorry and hurt... He is nothing without her... His life doesn't mean anything if she isn't in it... I look down, playing with the empty glass in my hand. I guess I can let him a little more time with his daughter... He needs it and he needs her... I turn around and walk back downstairs to pour myself another drink.

Elena's P.O.V.

I am laying in my bed, not able to find sleep. I move and roll to the left, to the right, back to the left as I breath heavily. I can't believe I killed someone... I... I killed someone! That isn't me, that... It cannot be me! I pass my hand over my face, still breathing heavily and shakily as I remember biting Connor's neck before snapping it one move and without remorse, I remember all the blood in the bathroom and the word "KILLER" on it,... I don't know what is going on, but I sure do know that I can't sleep after those passed events. I sit upright and close my eyes for a second as I take a deep breath to calm down. I get up from my bed and quietly exit my bedroom to go downstairs. I walk up to the kitchen, grab a mug in a closet, pour some milk in it before placing the mug in the microwave to warm it up. It will maybe help me...

- Can't sleep? I hear a sudden voice from behind me. However, it wasn't Jeremy's. I turn around, frightened while gasping. But nobody is standing in the room. It's only me. Suddenly, the microwave beeps which makes me jump and gasp again. Nice... Now I am scared of everything and anything. I open the door of the microwave and take the mug out. I close it as I turn around and I see someone leaning against the counter right next to me. Connor... I gasp, startled to see him as my fear increases. You know it makes sense; guilty conscience, replies, the dead hunter as he turns his head and looks at me with a dark look.

- You're not here. I'm... I've got to be dreaming, I respond with a shaking voice as I slowly back away and shake my head. This is not real... It can't be real...

- And how do you know that I'm not here? asks me, the dead hunter as he starts to walk towards me. I continue to walk backwards, feeling scared as I try to keep distance with the man. I stare at him, frightened. I can see his blood dripping from his neck where I bit him.

- Because you're... I begin to say but cut short as I can't bring myself to say the word.

- Go on, say it, replies, Connor, with a dark and pushing voice as he gets closer and closer to me.

- Because you're dead, I finally say it.

- Yes, I am, answers, the dead hunter as he smirks evily. Was that the first time that you've taken a human life? he questions me, not looking surprised but amused to see me this scared.