Chapter 10

🔴This chapter will contain self harm 🔪  🔴

Kia's POV

I was sitting at the kitchen table thinking about Aiden and Aleena out yesterday. Probably alone together. Why wouldn't they invite me or why wouldn't they even tell me they were going out?

What if they're dating?

Aiden wouldn't go and date her right after he told me he loves me and wants to marry me.  But I just don't know what to even think right now.  I cleaned up my cereal bowl and glass of orange juice and headed up stairs to go put some outside clothes on. I needed answers to Aiden's mysterious getaways.

I put on black leggings with my favourite red strapless crop top. But I couldn't look at myself in just that crop top so I went into my closet to get a sweater. After getting my clothes on, I went into my bathroom to brush my teeth and do my hair. I didn't shower because I took a shower earlier. Once I was done that, I headed downstairs to get my shoes on. I decided to wear my Nike black and white slides because I couldn't find anything else. I left my house making sure I had my phone and my keys and headed two minutes to the right of my house.

Yes, I headed over to Aiden's house. I assumed he would be home because it's Friday and there is no school today. I walked up his steps and rang the doorbell. I could just enter his way and climb through the window but, I am decent and used the front door like every other human being.

Aiden's mum opened the door and hugged me really tight.

"Kia sweetheart how have you been, you don't come visit me anymore" she said with a sad face.

"Mrs. Simpson, I try to but you know school is very time consuming and every time I'm free with Aiden, he doesn't want to stay home. I promise I will work around my tight schedule to come and visit my favourite lawyer" I said hugging her again.

"That's more like it darling, now come in come in. I was just getting ready to eat breakfast. I made Aiden's favourite eg-" I cut her off finishing her sentence.

"Eggs and bacon with a side of potato pancakes and homemade orange juice." I said with a smile as I sat down.

Mrs. Simpson gave me a warm smile and started to dish out some food for the both of us. I've always loved Mrs. Simpson, she was the sweetest most welcoming woman I've ever met. Obviously besides my mom. Her real name was Julie and she worked in the child protective services for like 10 years. Now she's working in a law firm and specializes in the children cases. She also volunteers at an old folks home where her mom and dad is. She loves it there and sometimes Aiden and I even go over and volunteer there with her.  Well Aiden and I use to, before he stopped talking to me.

Julie sits down and places the food in front of me. Boy does she know how to cook.

"So my love, is there a reason why you came over today?Not that I don't mind your company but what's the real reason you came over?"  she said eating some eggs.

One of the things I love most about Julie is how I can talk to her about almost everything. She was one of the first people who knew I was in love with Aiden and she was also there when I was having trouble at home. So telling her how I am feeling now isn't that much of a big deal to me.

"Well, I haven't talked to Aiden in about 4 days. The last time we talked he told me how much he loves me and how he wants to marry me one day. He even gave me this beautiful promise ring. " I showed her my hand with the ring on it.

"My oh my that's one beautiful ring. That's why he was asking how to measure ring sizes" she said with a little chuckle.

"Yeah but why would he tell me all of that and not talk to me again. I was talking to Tristan and he said I should talk to him because we haven't really said if we are dating or not and that got me thinking. But then Tristan also told me how he's been out with Aleena and that also got me thinking. Do you think they are hiding something from me?" I finished and drank some orange juice.