Chapter 2

Aidens POV

"I swear she likes me. I can feel it. It's either that or she justs wants to have her way with me" I was telling Tristan while we sat and ate our lunch at our usual lunch table.

Tristan is one of my best friends, next to Kia of course. He's one of those guys that just seem to know everything about boys and girls. Like he's so good at giving advice, which is why whenever I have a problem with Kia, I go to him.

Oh yea and Tristan is a transgender girl. He is a boy physically but emotionally and every other way a girl. He wants the surgery but his parents don't want him to and belive its just a "phase. Hopefully one day he can finally be truly happy and get it. I would love him regardless.

"I'm sure she loves you Aiden. You are best friends after all." Tristan says smiling taking a bite out of his sandwitch.

"Yea but, I feel like there's more, like the way she looks at me and hugs me and all of our talks are just so special. She's just so amazing and I've never felt like this with any other girl before." I finished with a sigh. I really feel like she likes me and Iwould love if she did because I've had probably the biggest crush on her for so long.

Ever since we were younger and we would hangout and do random idiotic stuff together, I knew she was the one. I knew she was perfect but then I also had the thought of she's way to good for me. Like there is someone else in the world who can treat her better and give her all the love and care she deserves. And it hurts sometimes. Knowing she can have any guy she wants and I'm not one of them. I could never be one of them. I'm too messed up. And she has her struggles to but mine is just, mine is just to stupid and no girl can ever love me the way I want them to. Which is why I stick to " Netflix and Chill"

I wasn't really listening to what Tristan had to say after that but I seen the sad pity look on his face so I just smiled and nodded it off.

That's when I seen the sexy girl walking up to sit.

"Hey Kia" Tristan says as he greets my best friend. She simply smiles and says hey back.

Their relationship is very strong. Sometimes I feel like they are a little too close for my liking but then I just brush it off and remember that we all are friends.

Just friends.

"Wassup Kia" she says as she sits beside me. She smiles that award winning smile and while looking at me and saying"nothin much, you? How my two favorite boys doing?"

"Favourite boy?"

"Fine, just kinda don't wanna go to science, I have a unit test that I accidentally forgot to study for" Tristan says sarcastically. Kia breakes her gaze from me and fixes it onto Tristan. "Well maybe if you weren't stalking girls all day long you could find time to get some study time in." Kia finishes as she laughs quietly.

"Yeah whatever" Tristan says knowing its true. I couldn't help but smile. I love my friends so much.

"How are things with you Aiden" she asks me. I froze. How are things with me? I cant tell her I'm confused wondering if she likes me or not, and I wouldn't want to tell her just yet either until I know for sure she likes me. But I was cut off by my train of thought when I heard Tristan say I'm "lovestruck"

"Huh what? No I'm not" I say defensively trying to keep my guard up. Trrstan glares at me knowing that I was completly lying.

"Oh please just tell her about..." I cut him off before this got any further.

"Tristan stfu! She doesnt need to know" I say maybe a little too loud.

"Know about what? OMG? OOOO DO YOU LIKE SOMEONE? Kia says excitedly.

"No I- " I got cut off by Tristan yet again.

"Yes he does actually" he finishes smirking.

Oh for the love of god will this boy shut the hell up.

"WHOOOOO" kKa says way to excited.

I knew she wouldn't drop this so I said the first thing that popped in my head.

"The new girl from our math class" I said rather quickly. I barley knew the new girl, all I knew was her name started with an A. Yes she was pretty but not my type.

I seen Kia slightly feel uncomfortable for a second, then something flashed through her eyes. Fear? Jealousy? Hurt? I couldn't pin point it, but then in a millisecond it was all gone. And she smiled.

"Awwwweee I always knew you had something for her" she said smirking.

Tristan sat there quietly laughing and I just felt so uncomfortable. I needed to get out of here but I'm not sure leaving right now is the best idea, Might seem suspicious. So I sat there listening to Kia and Tristan talk about how cute we are together, and how they cant wait to set us up together.

Didn't even notice that the bell rang until Kia shook me out of my thoughts.

"Come on, we got math" she said with a wink. Tristan however was lucky enough to not be in our math class. He is what you would call a smart cookie. He enjoys math more than Kia and I which is why he took the academic math course. Kia and I are pretty decent in math so we just took applied, and ended up in the same class.

"Ughh ok" I groaned. Knowing that this math class is going to be very long and awkward.

We waved goodbye to Tristan as one of his friends approaches him. Kia needed to switch out her books and "re-apply her lips" so we went to her locker. I wanted to talk to her. I  wanted to just come out and say that I love her but it was too risky. So i just quietly followed behind until we reached her locker.

"So do you actually like Aleena?" Kia says as she switches her books. I didn't know how to respond to that so I just stared quietly.

"It's ok if you do. She doesnt seem like a bad person. Maybe we should invite her out for coffee or like a movie at my house" Kia says. Now that just seems kinda weird. Why would Kia want to hang out with her if she liked me.

Oh yea she doesnt

Ugh now I feel weird and moody. I just want to get this day over with.

"No I don't want to hang out with her and no I don't like her. I barley know her how could I like her? Can we just go I don't want to be late. You know how Mrs.C  gets when we are late for her class." I said rather harsh. I waited as she finished applying her lip gloss and started to walk.

"Gee someone's moody, you poor thing. Are you on your period?" Kia says in a cute baby voice.

cute ugh

I ignored her and we reached the class at a good decent timing.

Class got right to work and thankfully, Aleena wasn't there. Probably sick or something. Whatever it is I don't care.

The teacher told us to get into groups of 3 and the class quickly got into them. Then there was Kia and I and like 3 other people. So they broke off into a group and left us alone together. The teacher explained the math assignment and then walked over to us.

"Guys this assignment is to be done in groups of three, where's your third member?" she asks.

I looked to Kia and noticed she wasn't going to say anything but I guess I was wrong because as soon as I was about to talk she butted in.

"Oh, we'll just add Aleena in our group once she gets back" Kia says happily. I internally cringed. Should've expected this to happen.

"Oh how amazing, cant wait to see what your group comes up with" Mrs.C says and then walks away.

"Ready to get started partner?" Kia says smirking at me.

This is going to be a long assignment.