55 ❀ Our only hope

Start from the beginning

When I get to the burgundy chair that I am so accustomed to, I immediately sit in it. It's plush cushion sinks down and I sigh in contentment. This atmosphere is the only good part of our endless sessions.

I'll actually miss this room, and the guy that occupies it too.

"I don't have enough chairs for you all, allow me to grab some more." Dr.Paullini tries to turn and escape, but Alpha Veiler grabs him by the collar of his shirt. He pulls him back through the doorway like he weighs absolutely nothing.

"No need. My Beta and Gamma don't mind standing, do you?" My eyes widen at the words. He is already calling Ezra his Gamma before he's even officially inducted.

I make eye contact with my mate to see his grin. I am impressed with him and he knows it, I grin back. Him and his big head.

"Not at all." Savannah supplies. Her and Ezra hang back while their Alpha slides into a leather chair easily. His red eyes never leave Paullini and I feel bad for the guy.

It's not easy having all of Veiler's attention settled only you.

Paullini glances around. He's uneasy when he gently sits in the adjourning maroon chair. His busy gaze darts to me and then to the lycan King with suspicion. He wrings his long finger on his pants.

We already let him know that I'd be coming to see him, but he didn't know why. Maybe he thought we would have a good old chat like old times. Luckily for me, my "condition" has subsided somewhat in the past few weeks.

The desire to steal springs up every now and again, but it is much easier to ignore. I have had no issues with it ever since Ezra accepted me, since I made friends with his team, and started hanging out with Stacy and Miranda.

It isn't something that I'm fighting day and night.

No one really notices or mentions it other than my mate, but I think of it often. I can't just forget that part of me, it's ingrained in my brain to be aware of it. I have finally fixed what it is that everyone hated me for, well, for the most part. I know that I will eventually steal some time in the future because it's just who I am.

I've struggled my whole life trying to get to this point, and deep down I always knew the answer to stopping it, and this just confirms exactly what I suspected.

Now that I have people who love me, now that I love myself, I don't feel that need to fill the void.

And I am nothing if not thankful.

"So, what brings you here?" Dr.Paullini wonders, tapping his long fingers against the black notebook settled in his lap. That leather book is like a 5th limb attached to the Doctor, he isn't quite complete without it.

"The pack is in ruins." Veiler grumbles, his stern face like a statue. His large arms cross over his chest. I glance at my mate who is watching the interaction with an observant eye.

"Yes, it is." Paullini lets out a sigh that reveals his stress. "They're not handling it well. I knew something like this had to happen eventually."

My therapist gives me a warm look before continuing.

"This pack needed a spanking after all they've done." He explains, and I know he's talking about me. The bullying isn't something he overlooked.

I knew it bothered him as much as it bothered me. Dr. Rico Paullini is an empathetic male, and that's exactly why we're here.

"As much as that's true, I'm sure they've learned their lesson by now." Says Veiler, and Paullini looks suspicious. "They've been humbled as much as a pack can be humbled. They've experienced a tragedy. They need an Alpha to lead them."