45 ❀ Strongly considering

Ezra POV

          Ezra POV

     "Blackmore." The voice that calls my name is deep and brooding, and there is only one person who could've said it.

     The King, Alpha Veiler.

     I look sideways at him, still in the middle of pouring the cool milk over my bowl of cereal standing in a t-shirt and boxers. I was just about to eat my breakfast for Goddess sake. What does he want from me this early? I'm clearly busy.

     But he is the King. Damn. I hate that I have to submit to him. He is the boss though.

     "Yes?" I ask, now nervous. What does he want with me? Am I in trouble? I almost laugh at the thought. I feel like a child, scared of being punished.

     The larger than life Alpha Veiler observes me for a few seconds before bothering to reply to my question. Why am I so anxious to hear his reply? He's the one that started the conversation, and now he stands there intimidating me without a word.

     "I need to talk to you. Follow me." He turns, stalking away heavily on his thick boots. I want to call out to him, want to demand he wait. Instead I stare sadly at my bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. What a waste of a perfectly good breakfast. I take one bite for the road, chewing as I walk.

     I follow after Alpha Veiler. He's heading upstairs, to his room. My mind races once more as I stalk up the stairs. It seems worse than I thought if I have to be trapped in his room with him. I can only hope we won't be alone.

     My pride surges to life then. I am a lycan warrior, damn it! I shouldn't be afraid of anything. I'm not afraid of most things, but I have to admit I am afraid of Alpha Veiler.

    Everyone is. You'd be crazy not to be.

     As soon I'm in the door, I relax a bit. Savannah is at the far end of the room. Her round, exotic face is somewhat sceptical and disapproving.

     To sum it up, she doesn't look happy.

     Her slims arms remain crossed over her chest, her chin poking out as her jaw works. Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

     The door closes behind me, and I uneasily slide my gaze to Veiler in his dark clothes and dark expression.

     "What's going on?" I ask, trying not to stare at Alpha Veiler's gruesome scars, shadows playing against the harsh red lines. His appearance is always somewhat scruffy with his permanent 6 o'clock shadow, and that messy black hair.

     "About 6 months ago, the Gamma of our pack was killed by the Red Alpha." Savannah supplies, and when I look at her with a shocked glance she turns away for a moment. Her face points at the ground like it's the most interesting thing in the room.

     She's trying to hide her sorrow from me, I know this without a doubt. I know because I've been there. Many times.

     "We need a new third in command." My head whips around to Alpha Veiler when he speaks, "I feel you're the male for the job." He says simply.