Chapter 13:

I'm really sorry  for posting this late, but I've had some case of writhers block. School is tapping up as well, so I wont be able to update as much as I've done before. 

I also didn't reread this chapter, (because I'm lazy), so it will probably be more grammar misstakes than usual. 

I'm also gonna have a song to this chapter; "In my head" by Madcon. (Not my music of choice, to be honest...) You will understand why when you read, and it's honestly no point in listening to it while you're reading, because it doesn't really fit. 

Chapter 13

Conner's POV:

Telling Val about what had happened was easy.

I had gone on a run after she left. Well, I had tried to kill a couple of pack members first, but that wasn't important. No one was lethally harmed, after all, and I had gotten out of the pack house before I did something I would regret.

The hunters had attacked me half an hour later. I had walked straight into a trap without sensing any danger, giving the hunters an advantage they didn't need.

Don't get me wrong. I'm an Alpha, (well, a poor excuse of an alpha,) and that makes me stronger than the average wolf. I could take one hunter with ease, and probably manage two with some effort. But I had been attacked by three, and even I couldn't win against those odds.

I remember ripping the head of a girl, and I was pretty sure I had injured the second seriously. I couldn't be sure, though, since I had been chained up with silver and injected with wolfsbane.

Waking up chained to a chair is enough to give anyone panic, and I was no exception. Perhaps I would have reacted different if my wolf had been with me, but he had been blocked off from the wolfsbane. The guy was extremely annoying, but I had realized that I really needed him in situations like that.

I didn't dwell on the tormenting the hunter had put me through, when I told Val the story. I didn't wanna upset her. I was feeling pretty well, considering the situation, but the fact that my body healed didn't mean that I was okay. The hunter had told me some pretty disturbing things, and I had a hard time thinking about it.

No, telling Valentina the story wasn't hard. Telling her how I felt was much worse.

Watching Valentina battle the hunter was one of the hardest things I had ever done. I almost couldn't take it. My heart skipped a beat every time the hunter was close to hitting her, and my mouth went dry.

I had never seen anyone fight like this. It was almost like she knew what the hunter was gonna do before he did it. I couldn't understand how my mate had gotten her skills. Last time I saw her battle she did rather horrible, and she was a lot weaker than me. I didn't complain though, I really wanted Val to win this thing. And she did.

Watching her kill the hunter would certainly have made my wolf proud if he was here. The fact that our mate would kill for us would have made him happier than anything else in the world. He absolutely... Wait a minute. My wolf wasn't here, and the mate bond was temporary gone. But if the pull was gone, why was I still feeling this way? The realization hit me like a hurricane. I was madly in love with Valentina, and not only because of the mate bond.

I still remembered what Val had told me about having a choice, and for the first time I realized that I did. I had chosen to love Val with all of my heart, a choice I certainly never would regret. She was my soul mate, after all. I guess there's a reason for why fate put us together, no matter how different we were. We were meant to be together.

I suddenly realized that Val was standing right in front of me. Well, she wasn't exactly standing. More like bending. I thought she was going to kiss me. Well, until she buried her fangs in my neck, at least.