Chapter 8:

Chapter 8

Conner's POV:

When you read a book, you often get described how you feel so cold and numb when you lose someone, and how terrible it is. I didn't feel numb, but I wish I did.

I lay on the ground with Valentina beside me, and concentrated on breathing. In and out. In and out. It felt like I was ripped apart every time I filled my lungs with air. I didn't say anything, and Valentina remained just as silence. I liked that. How she understood that words wouldn't do any god.

"Logan disappeared over the border, Conner" Peter mind linked me. I had had the sense to mind link my father's beta about Logan, but that was before it happened. Before I knew that my parents were doomed.

I didn't reply. I couldn't think about it. If Logan had gotten away... No. Just breath. Breath. In and out. In and out. In and out...

~

Hours later I got disturbed again. At least it felt like hours. Maybe it was just minutes? I didn't know, and I didn't care.

"We're bringing back the bodies," Eric's voice filled my head. The bodies. The corpses. My parents. "You should tell your brother,"

Oh shit. I suddenly sat up, and Valentina made a surprised sound. Ryan didn't know anything about what had happened. What kind of brother was I?

"What is it?" Valentina asked. She sounded extremely calm, due to the circumstances. Calm as still water.

"My brother" I simply answered. Hoped she wouldn't ask for a more detailed explanation. I was in no condition to explain more than absolutely necessary.

"Let's go" she just said, and grabbed my hand. Her touch was cold, but still calming. Like a wet towel on your head during a fever. I couldn't remember why we had fought back then, but I knew that I needed her. I needed her by my side, no matter what.

~

"Ryan, I don't know how I'm supposed to put this" I began. My brother looked like he had drunk a great deal of alcohol. (Man, the boy was fifteen! How could anyone let him drink that stuff?) At least he could stand straight, and he seemed rather interested in what I had to say. I suddenly wished I had a bottle of something strong myself.

We stood in the forest, away from the others at the party. It seemed like nobody had realized what had happened, which was fine by me. Every second without knowing, was another second of happiness for everyone.

"Our parents were out walking, and then... and then..." I couldn't finish the sentence. It would destroy something in him. He was so young and innocent, (if you don't count the alcohol part), and just couldn't bring in reality, and let him realize how cruel the world is.

Be strong, my wolf told me. Be the Alpha.

I wanted to scream that I didn't want to be a stupid Alpha, but I knew he wouldn't listen anyway.  

"They're not coming back" I finally said, borrowing the strength from my wolf.

Ryan blinked in confusion a couple of times. "What do you mean, "not coming back?""

I drew my breath deeply, before I looked him straight in the eyes. "They're dead, Ryan. Logan got them killed"

Several different emotions were written in his face: Shock, disbelief, sadness, and, above all, rage. "Explain" he simply said.

Have you experienced that sometimes, when you're talking about something, it's like you flick a switch, and then your whole story comes out in a flow? This wasn't one of those times. I had to force out every word, and every time my brother flinched, it was like someone shot me with a silver bullet.

After finishing my story, I left Ryan alone to deal with it. I acted like an asshole, I know, but I couldn't deal with Ryan right now. Right now I had a pack to rule.

~

"You wanted to talk to me?" Valentina's voice sounded soft, like a spring breeze.

"Please sit" I answered, which made her giggle. I would have laughed as well, but for some reason I wasn't in the mood to laugh.

Valentina sat down in the chair on the other side of the desk. We were in my father's office. I guess it was my office now, but I didn't really want to think about it just jet.

"You were way to vulnerable today, Val. Logan could have harmed you!"

"Yeah, and I'll be more careful next time" she answered, a bit forceful. I had a feeling that she would have yelled at me, if not for the recent circumstances.

"That's not good enough!" I replied.

"Well, what do you want me to do, then? Never leave the building?" she said, obviously angry. "Note the sarcasm"

"No" I said, and took a deep breath before I continued. "I want to mark you!"

I have to say, I was a bit disappointed by her reaction. I had expected something huge like: "No way in hell!" or, (preferable), "I never thought you would ask!" Instead I ended up with. "Mark me? What the hell?" which was kind of lame, to be honest.

"I want to mark you like my own," I explained, when I realized that the vampires didn't have that kind of thing. "It will tell the whole world that your mine, and only mine!"

Valentina hesitated. "I need a moment" she muttered, and seemed to be in deep thought the next couple of minutes.

Mark her now! I don't wanna wait! God, my wolf could be annoying sometimes.

She hasn't even said yes! I reminded him.

Who cares? Mark her, and then mate her right here!

I was about to give him a lesson about respecting peoples choices, and stuff like that, but Valentina spoke before I got time to speak.

"Yes" she said. "You can mark me. On one condition."

Sorry guys, but I won't be updating in a while. I'm going on a family meeting this weekened, before I have a school trip to Germany monday to friday. (I'm kinda excited) And then I'm going directly on a weekened with my choir! Kind of stressing and stuff, to be honest.

And this chapter probably sucks, but I'm a bit tired right now, so don't judge. cx

 Until next time! <3