7

You woke up at the chirping of the birds, your eyes slowly opened to reveal the birds pecking your window waiting for their daily portion of seeds. The birds weren't the only adorable beings on sight, Shisui's sleeping form remained still except for his bare chest rising with every breath. You smiled to yourself and shifted as slow as possible trying not to wake him up, your toes touched the floor and as soon as you were about to stand up his hands stopped you.

"N-no...where are you going?" He mumbled with a frown, he wasn't completely awake which made your heart flutter, his tender fingertips sank on your belly pulling you back on the bed. He snuggled next to you, his head resting on your chest while your hands surrounded his upper back. He let out a long sigh of content as he tightened his grip around your waist. Your fingers found their way to his hair, following the wild movement of his curls. You took this moment to appreciate the texture, the way his strands set above the others, the direction of each lock.

Your other hand travelled down his bare back drawing all sorts of figures. You dragged your fingers softly down his back in a perfect line, then circles and then just random abstract forms. You could feel the scars beneath your fingertips, you frowned slightly at the thought of him getting hurt. You kept going over them, remembering each form that was now a part of him. The rhythm of his breathing emanated so much peace and relaxation that cooed you to sleep snuggled up with him. You slowly opened your eyes at the feeling of the bed shifting, you heard the birds again and for a moment you thought this was a déjà vu. 

"You look really cute when you're sleeping." You opened your eyes and saw Shisui lay closely, his smile getting wider at your blush. "Sorry if I woke you up, I don't know what to do with the birds." You looked at the window and saw almost a flock perked on the tree branch nearby and your window. You stood up and grabbed the bag of seeds to feed them as soon as possible.

"Sorry guys!" You opened the window and placed the small plate outside. "You're so adorable, you even feed the birds." He beamed, walking up to you to lay a kiss on your shoulder. His hands snaked around your belly. You both stood there still looking at the birds that kept pecking the seeds. You tilted your head back and planted a kiss on his cheek, he moved his head back to look at your eyes, full of love and happiness.

"Shi, close your eyes." Your sudden command took Shisui aback, he looked suspicious as to why. "I don't think i'll be able to keep them that way, you're too beautiful and I know I won't resist." He opened an eye and looked at you, to which you rolled yours from the cheesiness. "Please! It's a surprise." He frowned and closed his eye. You giggled at his playfulness and decided to leave a kiss on his nose before you grabbed the mask that was long finished. "No peeking Shi!" You said running back to the bedroom, you hid the mask behind your back making sure he wouldn't cheat. As soon as you were sure he wasn't looking, you held the mask close to your face and let him see.

Shisui's eyes widened at the sight of the mask that started it all. He covered his mouth in excitement. "T-this is..." he shook his head not believing what he saw, he took the mask and looked at it closely, the amount of detail was astonishing and the overall result was breathtaking to him. His mouth kept opening and closing, looking for the words to describe what he felt.

 "I hope you don't mind getting a lot of kisses and snuggles. You are amazing, this is truly a masterpiece. It's going to be displayed where everyone can see the extraordinary artist that you are." You scratched the back of your neck, you weren't really used to compliments like that but you were relieved he liked the mask you worked so hard on.

"Honestly you are a big piece of inspiration for this, if not the whole source of it." Shisui placed the mask on the bed and pulled you into a tight hug, his lips laid on your shoulder leaving small kisses from there to your earlobe.