4

"There's eggs, rice, fruit...you choose whatever you want." You said showing him around the kitchen. His eyes looked around once in a while, the rest of the time were fixed on you. Once the tour was done, he started taking some fruit to the counter, he picked it carefully, thinking about the flavors of each fruit and the combination with each other, you looked at his focused self with your head resting on your hands.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He said without turning to face you, which made you feel surprised, also remembered he is a ninja which made you facepalm internally. "You look so focused Shi." You said with a lower voice, a bit flirty. He arched a brow, holding his position, he glanced at you and looked back quickly. "Come help me, you promised."

You walked towards him and took a knife to start cutting the fruit. You took a moment to decide if you should cut it horizontally or vertically, diced or sliced. "Need help?" Just as you were about to respond he stood behind you and took your hands in his and started slicing the fruit. You felt his chest press your back, his warm breath fanned your earlobe causing a spark run through your body. The touch of his hands on yours, moving at such rhythm, holding the knife slicing at an impressive speed made you feel happy, just letting him do all the work while you enjoy his touch, scent and the comfortableness of the position. "There you go." He laid a small, chaste kiss on your neck. You closed your eyes and sighed slowly, oh how you regretted letting him know about one of your weak spots.

He walked over to the stove and glanced at you playfully looking at your flustered features. He chuckled and started cooking some eggs. "i'm glad you're feeling better." He said not looking away from the pan, you giggled placing the sliced fruit neatly on the plates. "It's all on you, really." You said bumping your hips with his body as you walked by. Shisui widened his eyes at the sudden movement, it took him by surprise that someone that got so nervous and flustered would start to show the same playfulness he had been giving lately, it showed him how much you trusted him.

"Maybe today we can continue with...our..." you hesitated if what you had was a date, you were afraid you could be assuming, maybe a friendly encounter? Your hands filled with sweat, your eyes looked everywhere, trying to find an answer. "...date?" He said. Your gaze fell down in embarrassment but looked up to meet his shiny eyes. You nodded slowly, drawing a smile from him. 

"You didn't think it was a date?" He asked placing both your dishes on the table. You eyed the eggs he had cooked, you knew if you looked at him you would blush pretty hard. "I-I didn't want to assume." He tilted his head and furrowed his brows, he pushed your dish away and took your hands, getting them close to his lips. Your heart started pouncing against your chest, his mere touch took you to the stars and back. "Well, it is a date because..." His grip tightened on your hands, his thumb drew circles on its back restlessly, he seemed nervous. "—because I-...Oh I feel how I am starting to blush." He giggled nervously, his cheeks tinted in a deep pink hue, his playful eyes looked at you and moved away, you had never seen him this nervous before.

"I—I like you. A lot."

Your heartbeat was the only thing you heard. It pounced. You felt each beat all around your body, resonating in the room. You felt time slow down, you saw his nervous stare dance around the room, avoiding your eyes until you said something. You felt his hands start to heat up, his thumb pressed the back of your hand slightly. You knew you liked him but hearing it from him took you by surprise. You couldn't help but smile, which gave Shisui hope that you may like him back. His eyes nervously posed on yours, you saw his blush through his thick eyelashes, his lips quivered in nervousness. He let go of your hand to undo the wild curls that laid on his headband, trying to calm himself down. You felt the other hand holding you pulse. You giggled which made him flinch, he didn't expect a laugh after he confessed he liked you.