5

Shisui walked back to your house with his shoulders dropped along with his head, he looked sad. He dragged his feet across the ground, his hands were deep in his pockets. He kept sighing until he reached your door. You heard a soft knock and walked over to the front to receive whoever stood outside.

"Shisui, hey!" You cheered but soon frowned seeing the current state he was in. The meeting must have been really urgent given that Shisui wasn't being his normal happy self. "Is everything okay?" You asked following him to your sofa, he let his body drop and sink on the comfortable cushion. He extended his arms over the backrest and sighed loudly. His eyes were closed, he didn't utter a single word to you. You gulped hardly, you didn't know what to say to him. You wanted to cheer him up but on the other hand you didn't know how serious the current situation was. Your hand travelled up to meet his curly locks and started caressing them, Shisui's lips tugged into a small smile which made you feel a bit relieved.

"We're going on a mission. A long mission." He said, his voice sounded deep. He pressed his lips into a flat line and finally opened his eyes. "It's for the safety of the village, right?" You inquired, trying to release some pressure from him. He nodded slowly and turned to his side, his gaze was focused on you, looking at all your features, burning a vivid image of you—you thought.

"You'll do great, Shi. You're an amazing shinobi. Don't worry." You smiled and pulled him into a hug, his head buried in your chest. He hugged you tighter every second that passed, you didn't know when to pull away and honestly you didn't want to. "I'm leaving right now." He mumbled, you pressed his head tighter, giving him all the confidence he needed to part ways and accomplish his duty. His grip loosened and pulled away from the hug, his knuckles caressed your cheek, his sad smile broke your heart. It was so strange to see Shisui that way, and as much as you wanted to give him the strength he needed, you started worrying and feeling your stomach twist. "I-I should go." He pecked your forehead and left.

You paced around your bedroom, the uneasiness was eating you whole. How long would he be gone? What if he never comes back? You clenched your fists trying to be positive about this situation, but you couldn't erase the image of him, his sadness, his lack of joy. Whenever he talked about past missions he would always describe them with such pride and joy but this...this was different. Your heart shrank at the thought of him gone, for good. A tear rolled down your cheek, you didn't realize the sadness you felt, those horrible thoughts were blinding you. You fell on the floor, trying to calm yourself. You had trust in Shisui, he had to come back.

To you.

You laid on your bed, looking at nothing in particular. It was you and your heartbeat. You couldn't hear any owls, shuffling noises. It was oddly quiet outside. You started drifting off to sleep but flinched at the sound of a knock. You ran to your door and opened revealing him. He smiled at you, his happy and smiling eyes were back, or so you thought. "Sh-Shisui, I thought you were long gone by now." You said, feeling your eyes burn due to tears of happiness. "I decided to come by before I leave. I need..." his breath was agitated, his eyes glanced down often. "I need to do something." He mumbled.

He leaned closer, you felt his heart pounce against his chest, his breath was almost even, the warmness of it gave color to your cheeks. His hand slowly travelled up to your waist pulling you slightly closer to him. His other hand played with a strand of hair, tugging it behind your ear. "Sh-Shisui" you whispered. His lip quivered, his eyes were desperately looking at your lips, wishing he didn't have to leave at that moment. Hesitating even if he should do it. He didn't want to hurt you in case he didn't come back. "I-I can't leave without..." You closed your eyes waiting for the moment he would finally break the distance between you.