Chapter 20

===Mangle's POV===
Mrs. Aru's office clicks shut behind me as I press my back up against it. Sighing at the conversation that probably destroyed any sort of relationship we could've had. Now it will nothing but bitterness and contemt. I try not to think about it as I wander back towards Foxy's room, the walls seeming to be watching my every movement. Invisible eyes fixated on me, hiding in the shadows of every corner. I shiver at the thought of it but do my best to ignore their gazes.

When I enter Foxy's room he lies on his back sprawled out across his bed. His eyes are shut tightly as he rolls over onto his side and winces like he's in pain. He grits his teeth and thrashes about. This display horrifying to me as I rush over to him and place my hand on his head. Gradually he begins to settle down and breathe normally. What could he have been dreaming about? He seemed like he was in real physical pain. I think to myself as I stroke his head and play slightly with his hair, smiling at the child like nature of how he sleeps. Just like a little kid. He looks so innocent in this state. Calm with deep even breaths. His features soft and we'll rested. Bliss.

"That's impressive." A voice I'm coming around to disliking says from the doorway. "I've known him his whole life and not once have I been able to calm him down like that. Only his father could." Mrs. Aru claims while walking further in pass the doorway.

"That's because you weren't there when he needed you." I say coldly, not giving my attention to ber. She only lets out a heavy sigh and continues to speak.

"I know I haven't been around for him lately, since his father... But that he is still my son."

"Why are you doing this?" I say suddenly, stand up to put our eyes on the same level.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh cut the shit. You think that just because you're not mother that you can come and go as you please. Hopping back into his life whenever you want to 'play' mother. Now in case you have something you want to argue about that you have a chance at defending, I suggest you leave and let him rest." I finish, but instead of the big blowup I was expecting, she turns around without another word and leaves shutting the door behind her.
I return to Foxy's side as he begins to grow restless again, placing my hand on him and lying down next to him and closing my eyes. For a moment I fall asleep and begin to dream a memory. One from last night. The only thing that comes to my mind is the sight of Foxy without his shirt on. All the scars that run up and down his chest and stomach. He told me about those scars, what they are. They're from the car wreck that killed his father. Just thinking about something as gruesome as that upsets my stomach. But Foxy has had to live with that, bearing down on his shoulders as he tries to walk through a twisted and demented world. But no matter what he doesn't complain, he doesn't struggle against it. Day after day he suffers pain and torment from his past, and everyday he pushes those feelings of pain, suffering and anger deep down. Hoping that they never resurface. But if I can ease that pain for him...

I don't have time to finish as Foxy's arms wrap around my waist and pull me closer. The sudden surprise of contact forces my eyes open and I find myself staring into his deep golden eyes. On the outside they seem so happy, but deeper inside there are his feelings of hurt, suffering and anger. Deep inside where he keeps everything bottled up.

"Good morning, again." He says jokingly soon noticing my stare. "Hey, what's the matter?"

"Hm, oh.. nothing. I was only thinking about something." I respond quickly dismissing everything I just thought. All except the scars.

"Sorry, I guess I didn't get enough sleep." He says jokingly with a big yawn. I don't laugh but instead talk with bluntness in my voice.

"Foxy, could you... Lift your shirt.. please." Foxy's golden eyes widen with surprise, but after he second he nods and lifts his shirt. The shadows seem to glide off every uneven surface the lines his body. The scars. The way they twist and contort like his body shattered, like glass. I run the tips of my fingers along their surface. Foxy shivers slightly at my touch. He told me that each one was a piece of shrapnel that pierced and cut through him. And each and every stich that they put in him he tore out. Let them bleed. To serve as a reminder to what he lost. I can only imagine the pain he went through each time he pulled those stitches from his flesh.

"Mangle." He says quietly. "Please, don't." He quietly pleads and I take my hand from his chest.

"Sorry." I apologize. Watching as those marks of pain disappear underneath his shirt.

"TC will be here soon. I made sure that she grabbed everything you need."

"Ok." And as soon as I say this the doorbell rings, echoing throughout the entire house and we both just stare at one another. For a second it seems like either of us heard it, but after that second is up the both of us get up and head towards the sound. I can hear my heartbeat in my ears as we approach the door. What did Foxy tell her? Did he explain everything that happened? Did he tell her about.... last night." A small ball forms in my stomach as I can see TC's silhouette through the fogged glass. I can tell that Foxy doesn't seem worried as he confidently swings open the door and greets her.

"Hey TC thanks for this."

"No problem, but could you tell me one thing?"

"Yeah?" His tone is concerned about what she's about to ask and I can tell that he didn't tell her anything.

"Why the hell do you need Mangle's stuff?" His expression goes blank.

"Ah... Well you see... That's... complicated?" The look that appears in TC's eyes is one that I have never seen on anyone in my life.

"No, we're not doing that shit." She says instantly and lets herself in. There's no use in fighting it and we all head toward the den area. Foxy and I sit next to each other on one couch while Toy Chica sits across from us, a very judgmental look across her features. The way her eyes scan each of us sends shivers and chills up both of our spines and we try avoid eye contact.

"Alright you two. Spill it. What's going on?" Foxy and I stare at each other for a second then turn back to TC. Foxy speaks first sensing my uneasiness in the situation, but he doesn't sound completely confident.

"It's like I said on the phone. Something happened and Mangle is going to be staying here for a while... Till things... calm down."

"Calm down? What do you mean calm down? What could have happened that requires something like this? Was it Springtrap? Cause if it was I rip his throat out." TC says with this rage rising in her eyes that Foxy and I have both come to fear.

"no.." I begin before lays his hand on mine for reassurance. "It wasn't him... Its my... Father. He, uh.. tried to hit me..." Toy Chica starts to shift unsteadily with hatred, blood lust and rage hiding behind those light blue eyes.
"But Foxy stopped him... and now we're here. That's it." Toy Chica thinks for a moment, trying to her rage under control.

"Mangle... We're going out. Now." I stare at her with surprise at the sudden demand, then looking over to Foxy he hides a smile from TC telling me that I should. But right now I don't want to leave Foxy's side. I don't want to leave cause he's the only person that I have ever felt safe around.

"I... don't know... I don't really feel like going out..." I respond keeping my eye line towards the floor.

"You should go Mangle." Foxy says, squeezing my hand a little. "It's not good for you to be inside all day." I try to reject the offer, but Toy Chica already has my hand and all three of us are walking towards the front door. TC and I are outside before I realize what's going on, and I'm looking back to see Foxy in the doorway waving to me.

"I love you." Foxy says only loud enough for me to hear. I try to say it back, but when I try to open my mouth to say something the car door already shuts in my face before I can speak. My soul feels like it's about to break when I see Foxy close the door. It feels like a nightmare.... and I need to wake up.